diy

1. E

[1.6 FSI] - Intake Valve Cleaning DIY

OK, no pictures because this is a horrible and messy job so I am only giving tips because this must have been covered at least 1 billion times online. 1. Get to the valves. 2. Start with the cylinder closer to the cambelt or any other cylinder for that matter as long as you rotate the engine to...
  2. L

A2 automat gear - Hydraulics control unit out of order - refurbish

Hi my Hydraulics control unit is defect. A new is not an option https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/part/6N0142060J/ I have taken it out of the car. A few questions: 1 Can i refurbish by myself, Im medium skilled, have no special tools? 2 Is there a manual for how to refurbish it? 3...
  3. M

Replace clutch due to pedal judder - DIY gearbox removal

Hello Not sure if this will be of interest to anyone but we bought an X reg A2 1.4 petrol for our son who is 17 next month. The car has a few issues, one of which is clutch pedal judder as well as unpleasant noises when the pedal is depressed. So, I decided to change the clutch myself...
  4. K

cam-belt change

I believe my 04 TDi is due a cam belt and I understand that this could cost around £350 without the water pump. Has anyone done this themselves or are special tools/expertise required? I have done it on other cars but don't want to start something I can't finish. Cheers
Back