electric windows fault

1. Tsu

Sod's Law and the Art of Electric Window maintenance

Ok, it's a clickbaity title. Apologies. I've got an MOT looming large tomorrow morning and as Sod's Law would dictate the front passenger electric window decided to stop working yesterday, from either drivers or passenger switch. I've been through almost every post on here related to the issue...
  2. I

Slow / erratic Electric window

Hi all The front electric windows in my 2003 1.6Fsi (see pic) can be pretty erratic - not closing all the way and then going back to half open - or slow as they approach the top of the window frame! Does this this mean they need new motors or is it just an electrical gremlin that can be sorted...
  3. Foghorn

Electric Window Motor Needs battery off Reset to sort out

Chaps Any clues on this one as it is an intermittent fault that's happened over the past 2yrs, not happened over the last 12 months but now twice in 2 days! The driver's window has had the (common?) problem of dropping back 3" when it's put up- something to do with the safety feature for...
  4. D

Driver side central locking and window issue

Hi guys, I recently bought an Audi a2 1.4 SE 2001, I bought it knowing that the driver side window wasn't working. I was hoping that this was simple to fix but it's proving to be a bit tricky as i also discovered the central locking works on all doors but the drivers. Symptoms: Driver...
Back