glow plug light

1. L

Brake switch implausible signal

Hi all, My A2 (2001 TDI) has had the glow plug light flashing for quite some time. The fault code given was for implausible signal from the brake switch. I have changed the brake light switch for a new one, and the fault code has remained. I have cleared the codes with VCDS Lite, but the code...
  2. Foghorn

Turning over but no glow plug heating light and no firing - Tdi 90

Chaps, I've got a problem (again) with the Tdi 90 where it refuses to start. I've noticed that the diesel injector heater light does not illuminate (at all) when ignition is turned on which on some VW boards suggests this is a sign the ECU is not getting power and the relay is at fault. I'm...
  3. JoshuA2

Limp mode and dash lights!!!!!!

Hi all, I have had some issues on my car recently which have got a lot worse on my journey home from work today. About two weeks ago I was turning a corner in second gear and the car lost power and the glow plug/engine management light came on. A swift on and off cured the problem and it had...
  4. T

Flashing glow plug light - new brake switch - NO cluster brake lights!

Hi, Thanks for looking at my post folks - I've been reading through the threads and can't seem to find a solution. The brake light switch was changed this evening for the recommended 'green-one' but the problem remains: - Glow Plug light flashes constantly from around 10 seconds after...
Back