repairs

1. S

The time has come to make a decision

Hi guys, Been a minute, hope everyone's well. The time has come to make a decision, and I need some advice. I've had a wonderful year with Jim the FSI, but we've had some bad luck - the brake servo is malfunctioning. It's been nearly 3 weeks since he's been off the road with this issue, and...
  2. X

Rough idle and low oil pressure below 2k RPM

Hello! I recently joined the forum after lurking around for some weeks, it seems like you guys are a great community :) I recently bought a 02' 1.4 petrol for my girlfriend which she plans to commute with when summer comes. Got the car quite cheap since the mileage is high and it has some...
  3. W

Gearbox DSK repair (1.2 TDI)

Owner of a 1.2 TDI with 128000 km. Having a noise in the first and the second gear. The noise is like whinging. It is now and then. Did not find a treat on gearbox repair. Maybe there is one. Maybe it is not the gearbox but something else. Planning to open the gearbox myself next week...
  4. R

Repairs (lampost reversing incident)

Hello all: Following a lampost reversing incident, I need to find a garage to repair my A2 (the reverse lights unit is cracked and the bumper panel is 'out'). It is not a major incident - so will repair it at my cost. Can anyone recommend a London garage to do this? Thanks in advance...
  5. K

cam-belt change

I believe my 04 TDi is due a cam belt and I understand that this could cost around £350 without the water pump. Has anyone done this themselves or are special tools/expertise required? I have done it on other cars but don't want to start something I can't finish. Cheers
Back