tailgate

1. E

[Tailgate Button/Switch Rubber Repair] - Glue-lined Heat-shrink

Hi all, This is another one of my attempts to fix something that I cannot source down here. The idea is to use glue-lined heat-shrink, I used 24mm diameter that goes down to 8mm when shrunk. See the attached pictures because the procedure is self-explanatory: 1. Cut two pieces. Account for...
  2. S

Tailgate gas struts

I'm new to A2 ownership and I wanted to check if what I'm experiencing with the tailgate is normal or the gas struts need replacing. The tailgate opens fine and doesn't feel particularly heavy and holds open fine. However, when closing the tailgate it seems very easy for it slam closed very...
  3. tagscuderia

Heavy boot, replace tailgate struts?

Hello all, my tailgate is getting harder to open requiring you to push it open almost all the way. If I replace the struts, will that cure it or do I need to replace further parts? I've found 2 new genuine struts for £35, good deal? Cheers, much appreciated.
  4. A

Rear tailgate stuck closed...help!

Hi, can anybody help me diagnose/fix the problem with my A2 boot. My rear tailgte is stuck in the closed position and won't open. The same problem occured a couple of times last year but rectified itself after about 24 hrs. This time its been stuck closed for over a week! When you life...
Back