Door Card & Armrest advice?

Jellybean

A2OC Donor
Guys is it possible to swap the coloured armrests to different door cards? What I mean is are they removeable wothput damaging the armrest or doorcard?

Quite sure that’s the case for front doors. I was led to believe that rear doors’ armrests are fixed on the cards, but other more knowledgeable members can confirm?

It is possible; DJ190 did mine.

After removing the door cards, you will see that the armrests are held on by plastic/nylon 'rivets' for want of a better description. Once you dremel off the heads of these rivets, the armrest is free. You can reattach the armrest to different door cards by substituting short thick screws in place of the rivets.

No damage was caused to anything on my A2 during the procedure.

possible, not necessarily desirable. removing the rivets is easy. Just don't be tempted to remove the top section as well, as that is damned near impossible to get to sit correctly again afterwards.

- Bret

Yes, very easy to do! Just a couple of hours work. Use short and chunky self-tapping screws with large heads. All the sections of my door panels are held together by this method. The reason for this? It's because the top and lower sections are leather covered!

David

Great. Many thanks guys. Just need to make my mind up now!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

M6x25 or 30 screws should fit nicely in most positions.

They are FAR too long! The screw points would penetrate through the arm-rest! I've found the screws that I used. They are 13 mm and 15 mm long. The domed-head diameter is 10 mm. The self-tapping thread is about 4 mm wide. As I've said, they are "chunky" self-tappers!

David

You're not the only one to have taken them apart But what do I know?

Bret

I've never assumed that I was the only one to have done this. However, I do have personel experience of this task and I'm always ready to help other A2OC members. Those screws shown in the German forum are countersunk. I feel that the domed-headed screws give a more robust "hold" to the various door parts. Certainly, the screws do need to be fairly short.
"What do I know", you have asked? Well, quite a considerable amount, would be my answer. I have always appreciated and admired your input to this fine Forum. Please keep it up!

David

Back