Touch-up Stick

Hank

A2OC Donor
I have just won a Touch-Up Stick on ebay, from Hatfield Audi. "ANY COLOUR AVAILABLE". Just got an email from them saying there is no touch-up stick available for my A2 colour, Iceland Green Metalic, identified from my chassis no. (They asked for my Reg. No., but nothing on their system).

They have offered to send me a can of spray paint at the same price, £6.00.
I just need to cover over some small stone chips, could I still use the spray and apply it with, say, a tooth pick?

Any advice appreciated.

I always find the paint in touch-up sticks far too thick and prefer aerosols. Routine is to shake the can as usual then spray some paint in the lid. Wait until it thickens to the right consistency then apply with a fine artists brush.
Not tried them but think there are some professional applicators (cross between a cocktail stick and a cotton bud ?) which you could use instead of a brush......and shown in Murdo's link if I had looked first

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Now I'm confused! Been on Murdo's link and the green for my A2 is ISLAND GREEN, Hatfield Audi have said it's ICELAND GREEN...?

I bought an aerosol from Audi recently, at about £12, so £6 seems cheap.

The one I bought came in a pack with lacquer included. If you get just the paint, you would have to get the top clear coat as well.

Thanks for the input, I decided to have the Iceland/Island green spray and artbrush it in option, although Hatfield Audi said I could have a free TT convertible if it was wrong and ruined the A2!

(Only Joking).

Island green is the correct colour name. There was only one other green (much darker) and that was called pine green, pearl effect.

Cheers Spike

Got the 2 cans today, 1 can of paint and a can of clear varnish. They are genuine Audi/VW parts, by the look. Shrink wrapped and labelled. The paint can is labelled ICELAND GREEN MET. Part No. LLS 0M6 Y7S, and ISLANDGRUEN MET.

Translation Issue? Not like the Germans to get it wrong...!

Island Green probably. You should have a paint code in your service book - LY7S is Island Green. My book said LY1S but clearly someone had misread continental 7 as a 1! LY1S is cosmic yellow! So your paint can looks OK (has Y7S code) despite the name!

Back