Diagnostic on Auto Climate Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2day

Hi!
Do you know if its possible to active the diagnostic mode on the Auto Climate Controler?
In VW's climatronic it was really simple....

Thanks,
A2day

I have some detailed instructions somewhere on it, need to dig them out.
I'll post them here when I find them!

2001 TDi SE | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
Happy New Year from the A2OC!
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

This was sent in to the A2OC by someone (sorry can't remember who, but I can find out in case you have any questions for her) so it is a rough translation of the instructions which were in German. I have not tried them out (too scared), if you damage your car in any way it's not my fault, ok!

Apparently, the A2 shares the same climate control characteristics as the TT. Really your first challenge is finding out what a 'Umluftschalter' is!!

Here are the instructions:

With the help of the air conditioning system one can call different operating parameters up TT-Roadster. You must press in addition the Umluftschalter and at the same time the switch for air above. You can select the different parameters now over the temperature regulator keys (+/). After selection you must press again the circulating air key. Press this mode for leaving simply again the key "car" at the air conditioning system. Already one is again in the normal condition of the climatic price increase.

Over into the diagnostic mode to arrive one proceeds as follows: Circulating air + arrow upward channel number input: +/- temperature choice on driver's side, anschl. Circulating air change in normal mode: Circulating air + arrow upward These data, and the picture were organized by Herbert

If the engine runs simply at the air conditioning system the circulating air button right down keeps pressed and then presses right completely above. Then the air conditioning system becomes rather bright and ç stands in the display (1 is called. Channel), where otherwise the temperature stands. With +/- keys for the temperature can navigate you now by different Channel's. To confirm must you then only with the circulating air key (on the right of down) if one then with +/- the temperature indication plays, arrives one again into the Channels

1. System error 2nd actual value feeler virtually 3rd actual value interior feeler console 4th actual value outside temperature - feeler wasserkasten 5th actual value outside temperature - feeler bumper 6th actual value blowing out feeler floor space 7th actual value blowing out feeler man Anstroemer 8th display check 9th actual digital value acknowledging potentiometer temperature flap 10. Target digital value temperature flap 11. Actual digital value acknowledging potentiometer A/C flap 12. Target digital value A/C flap 13. Actual digital value acknowledging potentiometer Fuss/Def flap 14. Target digital value Fuss/Def flap 15. Actual digital value acknowledging potentiometer ram air flap 16. Target digital value ram air flap 17. Driving speed (km/h) 18. Actual value of the blower tension (volt) 19. Desired value of the blower tension (volt) 20. Actual value of the compressor/on-board tension (volt) 21. Number of low-voltage events (not volatile) 22. Switching status of the high pressure switch 23. Number of high pressure events (volatile) 24. Number of high pressure events (not volatile) 25. A/D value kickdown switch 26. A/D value hot light 27. Engine speed 28. Compressor number of revolutions 29. Coding 30. Software-Version 31. Software index 32. Potentiometer error counter temperature flap 33. Potentiometer error counter A/C flap 34. Potentiometer error counter Fuss/Def flap 35. Potentiometer error counter ram air flap 36. Temperature flap notice cold 37. Temperature flap notice warm 38. A/C flap notice closed 39. A/C flap notice opened 40. Fuss/Def flap notice Def 41. Fuss/Def flap notice foot 42. Ram air flap notice on 43. Ram air flap notice to 44. Operating cycle counter 45. Interior temperature counted (Ninc) dig 46. Outside temperature filtered (°C) 47. Outside temperature not filtered (°C) 48. ECOR 49. Coolant temperature 50. Service life in min 51. Engine temperature °C 52. Compressor switching off conditions 53. Announcement more actively el. Exits: Compressor/circulating air valve/water valve 54. Rule index 55. Outside temperature °C 56. Interior feeler virtually °C 57. Interior feeler console °C 58. Temperature wasserkasten °C 59. Temperature bumper °C 60. Blowing out feeler floor space °C 61. Blowing out feeler man Anstroemer °C 62. Sun intensity W/m-1 63. Sun intensity filtered W/m-1 64. Delta exhaust rise 65. Delta A/C Klappenverschiebung 66. Time constant/1.6 seconds of 67. Cold weather starting correction 68. Maximum correcting variable for i and p-portion of 69. Actual value blowing out feeler foot (cnts) 70. Desired value blowing out feeler foot (cnts) 71. Deviation (Epsilon) 72. Portion (+ heat/- cool)

2001 TDi SE | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
Happy New Year from the A2OC!
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Never works for me at the week end. I must be too weary.

icon_smile_cool.gif

quote:Originally posted by Kaine

Can only get °C to change to °F

Yes, that works for me too, but the diagnostic mode doesn't function.
I guess that the A2 may have a different CC version after all.

It would be VERY interesting however to gain access to an Audi diagnostic computer. I think that it is possible to connect an ordinary laptop to the car. We would only need special software to gain access to the car's functions.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

StuartD
instructions in German found by accident today at http://www.vw-site.de/Tipps/Audi/Diagnose/body_diagnose.html#climatronicneu

Subject to correction by those with perfect German and English it translates as...

Diagnose der "neuen" Climatronic (Facelift) Diagnosis of the facelifted Climatronic

Die Codes folgendermaßen abfragen: (Call up the codes iun the following way:)

1. Zündung einschalten (Switch on ignition)
2. Umluft + Pfeil nach oben (Recirculation and the arrow that points upwards, ie air to screen)
3. Kanalnummerneingabe: +/- Temperaturwahl auf Fahrerseite (Input channel code with the temperature +/- buttons)
4. anschl. Umluft (Then recirculation)
5. Wechsel in Normalmode: Umluft + Pfeil nach oben Return to normal mode (Recirculation and air to screen)

NB I think Recirculation and air to screen is done like ALT+TAB

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

quote:Originally posted by chivers
NB I think Recirculation and air to screen is done like ALT+TAB

Great, now all we have to find is CTRL ALT DEL :)

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Dennis
It brings a whole new meaning to windows....

Blue Screen of death-your dealer has gone bust with your deposit
Fatal error-you put diesel in the tank instead of petrol
Out of memory-where did I park the thing

Oh the list is endless...

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

The codes don't work on my A2 FSI 08/2002. I read that don't work also on new A4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back