Wrecked A2 Parts

vkx245l

A2OC Donor
Given the recent number of posts conerning written off A2s and the number of Audi dealers selling off old/dated stock relating to A2s on the web is it about time we started to stock pile parts? I don't know how Audi treat old models , I would guess not half aswell as BMW who seem to stock or source anything for anything they've ever bulit.

Is this premature or would these wrecked cars make an ideal place to start??

Jonathan

It's a possibility - but requires space and ca$h. On a related note, I was speaking to the Parts chappie at my local Audi centre, and he was under the impression that Audi would start remanufacturing old parts if there was enough demand. I guess the question is, what is 'enough'?

It's not going to be a problem for us for the immineent future.

Ben

Is This The Beginning Of The End?

jonathanlailey said:
Given the recent number of posts conerning written off A2s and the number of Audi dealers selling off old/dated stock relating to A2s on the web is it about time we started to stock pile parts? I don't know how Audi treat old models , I would guess not half aswell as BMW who seem to stock or source anything for anything they've ever bulit.

Is this premature or would these wrecked cars make an ideal place to start??

Jonathan

I believe after reading AUDI Driver that AUDI have stopped stocking parts for UR quattro's which when you consider the place in the companies history that car range held seems strange, almost as though they don't want to be seen looking back, only forward to the future, which when you consider how futuristic the A2 is / was gives me little hope for parts supply after 2016! let's hope they continue using the basic mechanicals in other group cars for a while, at least we will have the basics, what worries me most is the plastic body parts unique to the car, motor trade suppliers might be okay at repairing a bent metal wing but I wouldn't expect them to be able to repair a curved in 2 dimensions wing or wheel housing for example.

The repairers CAN repair bumpers so plastic wings should not be a problem.

The rule is that if you have an accident and a plastic panel is damaged collect any fragments from the road so the repair man can weld them back together (yes - you can weld some plastics)

Back