Audi vs BMW advertising...

Johann

For decades now in South Africa Audi, BMW and Mercedes have had some very good advertising campaigns where they take they mikey out of each other or use subtle word play to allude to each other's adds...

In the early 90s they had an add for the W123 Merc. It drove of Chapman's peak and fell down nearly 150meters… The driver survived. They made an add about it. BMW very soon after made an add showing a BMW going around the bends of this treacherous pass with the voice over saying: "Designed to beat the Bends"… Which sounds just like Benz obviously…

But these are the current crop of Audi vs BMW adds:

BMW was first off with this add:

48547729ef389adb0e15ce983df26ae699b641cfe248adb04f12df7a.jpg

and then Audi's brilliant response to that:

26602135351e28b143361545bf58953459f35ec3ee0c0171d7c2b085.jpg

BMW to win.

BMW beats Audi and always has in my opinion, I think Audi has always lagged just slightly behind in all aspects compared to BMW. If South African Car of the Year is the best Audi can do for an ad they need to try harder....alot of things whilst owning my A2 (love it by the way) are just Vorsprung Durch average? now that VW has essentually launched a new generation "Peoples Car" company (Skoda) it seems to me that VW have moved into mid/high range this means Audi need to start raising the bar alittle to keep with the plan? Am I off?

Primea2 said:
BMW beats Audi and always has in my opinion, I think Audi has always lagged just slightly behind in all aspects compared to BMW.

I couldn't disagree more, I think that while the M5 and M3 are great cars (M3 being a little to Bling for me) the subtle looks and function of the Audi range is better. i would have an RS4,6 or the RS8 over any BMW

I would rather have any Audi, Than settle for a BMW. They are too average, too ugly, and there is too many about for me.

But thats only my opinion:D

Great ads though

I have an A2 and a 3-Series.

I have to say, BMW is a different kind of car. Audi will always be the expensive (although somewhat better) VW.

This is not something BMW can be accused of. I think the Audi sport ranges are too 'subtle'. I find this an excuse for not being able to design something radical and not risk taking.

The new Q7 in my opinion totally fails to make an impression. Its a good first attempt, but with the compteition out there, I wouldnt fancy spalshing out £50k on something dont to death already by VW on the Toureg and done better by Porsche Cayenne.

Back