Reinforced Brake Fexi Pipes

tdiman

Past Member
I know some members have fitted these, having checked with my local motorfactor they are not listed by Goodridge for the A2, question is what have people used?

Speaking as a former professional biker (I have covered nearly half a million miles on two wheels!) I would like to add my two-penneth on the subject of braided hoses:

It is very unlikely that any A2 will benefit greatly from a hose swap, unless you do a lot of track driving (or track-style driving!). In any case, most hoses are good for about 5 years before they start to swell a little on braking and so reduce the pressure transferred to the calipers.

Most bike shops will be able to order Goodridge hoses to any length (and some can even make them up there and then) should you want to try them, but it's not really even at the bottom of my 'to-do' list. Rather than spend your money on hoses, try a better set of front discs and pads (Brembo or EBC spring to mind) first - you'll be amazed at the difference.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Speaking as a former professional biker (I have covered nearly half a million miles on two wheels!) I would like to add my two-penneth on the subject of braided hoses:

It is very unlikely that any A2 will benefit greatly from a hose swap, unless you do a lot of track driving (or track-style driving!). In any case, most hoses are good for about 5 years before they start to swell a little on braking and so reduce the pressure transferred to the calipers.

Most bike shops will be able to order Goodridge hoses to any length (and some can even make them up there and then) should you want to try them, but it's not really even at the bottom of my 'to-do' list. Rather than spend your money on hoses, try a better set of front discs and pads (Brembo or EBC spring to mind) first - you'll be amazed at the difference.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,
EBC discs & pads already fitted, just love a firm brake pedal that's all, as you know A2 brakes like we've got are pretty damn good and can outbrake most at roundabouts etc.

Hi, i have been speaking to someone from a local motor factor and they seem to believe that you can have Goodrodge make them and in different colours if you wish.

You could even try contacting Goodridge directly through there website.

Emm

Don't use ABT Brakelines, they can burst. Goodridge brakelines are much much better.

But don't expect too much. The a2 has already very stiff brakelines.

Thomas

Hi Thomas
Thanks for the info on ABT brakelines.
I had always thought that ABT equipment would be of the highest quality. Does their TDi chip tuning module receive good reports in Germany or is this also not up to standard.

Cheers Spike

My opinion is that these chips are the safe way. You will have fewer problems within the warrenty, but they don't use the whole potenzial.

I received good feedback about the chips from Wendtland Tuning. They take each vehicle on the dyno. But for drivers from GB that is much too far.

Thomas

Back