what is the transmission code for a 1.4 tdi?

Well, in answer to the last two postings, maybe and no in that order.

There have been 3 1.4 litre diesel engines with a 75PS output. These are the AMF engine, the BHC engine and the BAY engine, the latter only being available in 2002.

Both the BHC and BAY engines have only ever been available with the GPK gearbox, but the AMF engine had a choice of 3 gearboxes, the EEA, the EWQ and the GPK.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi George

For info, my 2001 TDi 75 has gearbox code EWQ and engine code AMF.
All the codes are listed in the front of the Service Schedule booklet

Cheers Spike

There are the following Codes:

AMF 75HP TDI EU3: EWQ; EEA; GPK
BHC 75HP TDI EU4: GPK
ATL 90HP TDi EU4: GRJ
ANY 61HP TDI EU3 and EU4: DSK, FLE
AUA 75HP 16V: EYX, FCU, FDM, FVT
BBY 75HP 16V: FCU, FDM, FVT
BAD 110HP FSI: GCD; GKZ, GSK; FYH

Thomas

There are the following Codes:

AMF 75HP TDI EU3: EWQ; EEA; GPK

Thomas

Hi, Thanks for the information do you know the torque/ power rating for eqw/ eea/ gpk gearbox, or do you know if they have appeared in other vag powered cars. For example, skoda fabia 1.9 tdi pd100

Best wishes

Ian

The basic gearbox used in the manual versions of the A2 is the commonplace 02J unit, and it is rated up to 250Nm torque (185 ft/lb near as dammit).

As you can see from elsewhere, my tuned engine is putting out 246ft/lb torque already, with (at the moment) no issues, but I wouldn't like to take it much further.

The GPK gearbox was only ever used in the A2 and 9E Polo, as was the EQW. The EEA was unique to the A2!

Cheers,

Mike

Whilst your digging up an old thread could you tell me if the gearboxes are interchangeable?
I have a AMF TDI 75 with an EWQ box. Would a GRJ or FDM fit and would it be wise?

Cheers and hello
Ben

Hello Ben,

The GRJ would definitely not fit your engine, as the clutch housing is the wrong size to be a direct fit, not sure about the other one though.

Cheers,

Mike

Take a look in the service booklet and there is a vehicle data sticker on the inner cover. Halfway down there are 2 3-digit codes for engine and transmission. The first will most likely be AMF (for your diesel engine) and the second is the gearbox code.

Cheers,

Mike

whats the durability of A2 gearboxes like? mine is a TDi when i blip the throttle there is a slight vibration noise

thanks

Back