I've joined the club :)

Benja

Traded in my VW Lupo GTi (what a great little city car) for an 04 A2 TDi Sport (90bhp). Seems a nice spec in Akoya Silver with Black Leather/Alcantara, 6CD, Climate, Winter Pack, Cruise etc.

Seems pretty good so far - a bit tardy on the speed side but it's all relative I suppose. Certainly a good level of comfort and economy.

Baby due on Monday, so five doors was a must plus had to fit on the drive behind my other car. Well chuffed with my choice and even better that in the second day of ownership I find a nice owners club too...result :)

Cheers

Ben

new_arrival.jpg

Hello fellow A2 Ben. Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new purchase.

Ben

Welcome & best wishes for Monday...
So whats the other car then??? It looks a bit low under the tarp.

Rob Earl said:
Welcome & best wishes for Monday...
So whats the other car then??? It looks a bit low under the tarp.

Thanks for the welcome chaps. Very impressed with the car so far it is a neat little package.

The other car under the tarp will always be my baby though....lurking under there is this...:)

benjaf.jpg

Exige S1 with a few...ahem modifications..not least of which 8700rpm of Honda Type-R Power :cool: Makes a nice contrast with the serenity of the A2 ;)

Having had the pleasure of driving a tuned Elise for a number of years I am currently drooling! A lightweight high revving engine like the Honda must be so well suited to the Exige.

Funny I've found the A2 the only car I've owned that turns in like an Elise!

Nice to see the "light is right" philosphy to car ownership bearing fruit.

So economy on the one had and out right performance on the other! Good choice of machinery! The Lupo would have a job carrying a washing machine or kid plus pram in any case.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club, almost the same set up as me. Although your type-r looks a bit quicker than mine!!

Cars.jpg

Yes Aikon the Honda K20A (Civic Type-R) engine is really well suited to Elise derivatives. It's a bit heavier than the VHPD (K-Series) that came out but a totally different character and a whole lot more reliable. With trick fuelling and induction, custom exhaust and Hondata ECU it makes 220+bhp which is ok in a 750kg car. Probably fit the Jackson Racing Supercharger next year for 280-300bhp, that's probably enough then :D Sounds like a motorbike to boot :cool: Some other mods mean that it corners and stops like nothing else too. It was a trackday car to start with but now it really is almost too much for the road....I love it.

I totally agree that light is right either for economy and performance and I now have an example of each discipline. As you point out Ecoangel, the Lupo failed on some key practicality considerations. Also the economy was lousy, but then I have got a bit of a leaden right foot!

I went to Silverstone last night to support some friends running in the 24hr and took the A2 instead of the Lotus. Really was a pleasure with the cruise set at 70 (ish ;)) stereo on in real comfort. Leaving at 2am with one of my mates in his SC Honda Exige I did feel slightly underwhelmed as he disappeared like I was stationary (bet he couldn't hear his stereo though;))

Nice to see also that someone else on this board has the same engine configuration. The CTR engine is a peach, got that real unburstable feel. I know of lots of racecars that use that engine without touching the internals. A 2004 CTR owner kindly interfaced the rear of his car with a tree thus liberating his engine to sit snugly midships in my Exige.

Back