Interior Lights

for some reason they never go off, i mean i've tried everything few times they have gone off...any ideas why this happens?

i have tdi se

I suspect a faulty door switch - seems to be stuck in the open position, which will cause the lights to stay on.

Do they come on when the front lighting switch is in the O position?

Cheers,

Mike

Yes, in that case it definitely sounds like a door contact is duff. Try them one by one to identify which one it is.

The worst case scenario is the convenience control unit, which has been known to fail occasionaly. These are fairly cheap to replace (about £200 fitted) but obviously, if you can free the culprit (door switch) yourself, with a bit of lube and effort, then you'll be quids in.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Adrenaline
If one of the door switches is faulty this may also affect the alarm system. When locking the car, check the red LED on the drivers door panel. This should flash rapidly for 30sec then continue flashing at a slower rate. If the LED lights up continuously for the 30 sec before flashing at the slower rate, there is a fault with the alarm system.

Cheers Spike

Hi Adrenaline,

I assure you that I'm not loaded, I merely meant that for an electronic control unit which handles all of the convenience functions of the car, £200 isn't bad. It doesn't do just the lights, but the alarm, interior monitoring, electric windows, parts of the climate control system and so on.

These units can be found second hand, but will need re-coding, which will still cost about £80 from Audi.

Cheers,

Mike

another problem i have is when i open the service flap or whatever audi calls it now....service module?? well the alarm goes off quite often
and the indicators dont flash when i lock the car, i have to push the flap thing
and then usually indicators blink but it happens everytime
so i tend to not look at oil levels as often as i'd like

There is a rubber covered contact switch behind the service panel you know. This can sometimes stick in one position or another, causing problems.

Whip the cover off and squirt liberally with lubricant spray, then jiggle it in and out a few times (ooo, err!) to see if you can free it up. Same applies to the fuel flap.

Cheers,

Mike

Back