What MPG from a FSI 1.6 Vs TDI

tourangang

HI All

Im starting to lose faith in finding my TDi with Leather and a bench seat, so thinking about a FSi, there seem to be a lot of those around.

What MPG do they do, I know audi quote 47mpg combined, but what do owners get?.

thanks

John

I've had my FSi Sport for about 5 months now. On short 7 mile journeys to work through traffic I get around 40 mpg. On a fairly fast motorway run from Surrey to Bedford I got 50 mpg.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Simon

Hope we can keep this thread going.
I have had an FSI for a month and seem to get 35-38mpg so far. Though I must admit I have been using the throttle with glee (christ this thing moves!).
I am now making a more serious effort to tootle up the A1 from Leeds to Harrogate at a more sedentary style to see if I can get well into the 40's.
Has anyone had over 50 on a long run?
And has anyone found a speed range/rev range where fuel consumption is at its best?
I do find that this car needs a 6th gear as in 5th at 70mph it still accelerates like most cars would by dropping into fourth!
Mine is the FSI SE and I find the speed and handling utterly amazing for a car that looks quite metrosexual. Lovin it!
I will post again with MPG's from longer runs at sedate speeds.

I did a 3000 mile trip to spain and back recently, got 40+mpg but never 50... And in town (I live in london), I get 20+mpg... Whats wrong with me!!! I'm using the best fuel recommended by everyone on here, Shell optimax... Still no dramatic gains... I have a 03 Black 1.6 Sport, with full body kit... Could the bodykit be impacting on my aerodynamic efficency?

normal unleaded I see about 42 mpg

Shell Optimax/V-power up to 44-45 mpg.

Never seen over 50 mpg.

Having owned both I would pick an FSI every time. Unfortunately when I wanted to purchase a new FSI they were no longer available. My previous FSI averaged 41.7mpg over 40700m (a high of 46.6, a low of 32.2) always measured over a full tank refill. My current TDI has averaged 53.2mpg over 11600m with a high of 59.1 so far.

Would stick to diesel!

Get a race car for the odd track day and save a stack by running a diesel in the week!

Better still import a 1.2 TDI like I've done - zero road tax, low insurance and still average 66 mpg at an average 98mph on autobahns! Or 96mpg for normal uk use.

And no LHD is no problem in such a narrow car.

Back