Is an A2 with 138K miles shagged out?

tourangang

There is an A2 TDI 51 reg for sale locally to me for £3999, but heres the catch its got 138000 miles, i realise its not at its best but is it a viable proposition and more importantly will it be reliable?

heres the advert below

AUDI A 2 TDI SE NO RESERVE full service history as follows stamped in book inc wallet all books both remote keys and master key.
inspection service 26-10-01
service 26-7-02 at 30,806 miles preston audi
service 7-5-03 at 61,859 miles preston audi incuded cambelt.
service 26-02-04 at 92,432 miles preston audi
service 28-10 04 at111,871 miles welch motor repairs included cambelt change. and since that oil service done at 126,00 miles also at welch motor repairs, Car has also had new anti-roll bar , drop links and springs. The first 3 years of cars life put on the miles as it went to holland and back every week so motorway miles. the car has never been damaged and is H.P.I. clear This is a private sale of much loved car 65mpg poss, extremly economical and reliable ,we have just bought an 18 month old a2 tdi and regetably have to let this one go .whoever buys this car, will have a well cared for reliable runner it drives as good as our new one..does not burn any oil one cupfull this year so far, no smoke. lovely motor.. Tyres are michalin and all good. taxed and mot for next 2 months. Negative points if being critical new wiper blade needed. has audi radio cassete ,but radio works only occasionaly but cassete fine.The interiour is as new no wear no rips or tears,it has the split folding rear seats grey pattern, all tools first aid kit etc present. Outside is as good as photo. with slight mark on near side door but you would have to be within 12 ins to see. grab a real bargain , 1 previous owner car we have had for 2 years with no problems .

thanks for your help

Tourangang

Wow the first A2 ive ever seen under 4k
i was worried when i bought my A2
with 68,000 on the clock all motorway miles this was a 2001.....

I had my brother-in-law look at it as he is a mechanic he said dont be silly
its only just been "run in" he reckons the engine as long as it has plenty
of oil changes would be good for 200,000 miles .........

At 138,000 its bound to have a few little niggles/gripes
so may be worth taking somone with you to check it out .....

I've been in Sharan taxis in Germany with 300 km on the clock, if the 1.9 engine can lug two tons around for this distance the A2 should be fine if looked after, I'd also recommend taking someone with you or getting it checked over.

111,000 miles mostly motorway, (mine from new) had new discs & pads, roll bar & bushes, cambelt and tensioners, 4th service around 120,000 mine is on variable service, only problem I still have is occasional passenger side window likes to do it's own thing.

It wouldn't bother me having that mileage, **was the clutch ever replaced?**

cars are for driving, not worrying about resale :)
hence I will drive mine til it packs up!

hope this helps??

bba

PS a mate has a friend who is a taxi driver who has a 1.9tdi passat, it's done over 300,000 and in his words "he's never lifted a spanner to it"

I think Audi/VW diesels are pretty bullet-proof fo what it's worth!

Last edited:
cheers, that has settled my mind, I will check about the clutch, have you any idea it would cost to replace?

kind regards

tourangang

Yep - seen the car on eBay. I would have been interested as the mileage does not put me off. The only issue would be the interior trim as I notice there are no pics of the inside/drivers seat.

I bought a 2 year old A4 and the drivers seat was sh****d completely after only 40k miles because the previous owner was a "big guy" in the words of the dealer. Well he must have been Mr Golightly or Mr Haystacks! Fortunately sorted under warranty (foam bolsters knackered).

General wear/tear of the drivers side is worth checking. It can be sorted but build it into the price.

I have bought it!

Just come back from viewing the car, and bought it, it is in supurbe condition, infact the interior looks like a 50k mileage car.

John

Back