Newbie...

adamski

Just thought I would say hello. I'm picking up my 2002 A2 sport tdi on saturday fingers crossed, after years of admiring them!. Its a silvery/green colour (dont know the exact name yet!) with 17" wheels etc. I am coming from a BMW e46 compact and two smarts.... roll on Saturday!!! Is there anyone from Newcastle/ North East here?

Look forward to chatting with you guys :)

Enjoy adamski:)

Although you will read the "warts and all" on this site this car is of brilliant design and more positives than negatives.

Doctor

a2

Hi

Its from a dealer (peugeot...) its a 52 plate with 23k on it, fsh etc, only 2 hours until I pick it up...

Sounds a great car - I looked hard for an sport but ended up with another SE - but envy everyone with sports seats!

How was the Smart car - like to get one for the wife but concerned about ride quality.

smart

Hi Foghorn,

I loved my smarts. The ride is good, although the earlier ones had a very hard ride, and gradually got softer as the models progressed. If you get one with the wide wheels like a new Pulse model they handle really well for what they are they have 175 section front tyres compared with 145 section on the Pure and Passion. Also they fly when the have been remapped. i would have another one if I didnt do 23k miles a year with work... Have a look at www.thesmartclub.co.uk

Got the A2 today, I am very impressed, altough it is a firm ride but when I'm averging 59 mpg who cares!! I love my A2!!

Cheers Adam

I've had my A2 for a number of months now and I am very impressed with it so far - a 2002 1.4 SE petrol. I live in Darlington which is nearly the northeast!! Skipton01 has retro fitted cruise control for me aswell!

Back