Warning Lamps?

I have an A2 1.4 petrol, 2001, trouble is the following warning lamps are on while driving: EPC, ABS and Traction Control System. Can you tell me whats wrong? Thankyou:confused:

Are they on all the time and does the car give 3 beeps on starting?

If so, get ye down to a dealer asap - as you could have a serious problem. One light could be acceptable and quite minor. All 3 on at once needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike. The bleeping only starts when I increase the revs, the car still seems to perform OK, have read some threads that mention deficiant lamps can cause these problems, any thoughts
Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, occasionally, you can get a deficient lamp in the dash, but certainly not 3 at once.

If the beeping starts as the revs rise, this suggests that you do indeed have a genuine engine fault. My advice remains the same as before - get to a dealer.

You don't necessarily need to have the work done there, but they can most accurately determine the cause of your warnings. You can then choose to have them repair your A2, or go to an independant dealer.

Cheers,

Mike

Warning Lights

Had the same problem twice with my 02 1.4 petrol earlier this year. I'd only had the car a month and was lucky the vendor let me take it to a Audi dealer and was willing to pay. Had the throttle body stripped and cleaned. This worked until Easter when pretty much all the warning lights came on! This seemed to clear itself for a few days. During all this I have to say the car felt pefect. In desperation I took it back and was told it was the brake switch which they replaced. This solved it.

Hope this helps.

It could also be the ABS relay. I had a similar thing started up okay but when I picked up speed for the ABS to initialise the lights and beeps came on.

My EPC light has been on and off for the last few weeks. No beeps or any other lights. Gonna get it scanned at the weekend to see what's the problem. Also noticed my Seatbelt Warning lamp has stopped coming on when I turn the key. Could they be related?

Back