Vibration Letting the clutch out

Foghorn

Been wondering about this since I got my newer A2 but only compared today when I took my old car out for a spin.

Noticed that when I move off letting the clutch out I get some vibration from the engine noticeable through the steering wheel which I don't get in the 2001 which is as 'sweet as a nut' at 62k miles.

Anyone got any suggestions - the gear change is fine and the clutch bites at about the same point as the other car (Now done 31k) and no problems when changing up or down on the move.

Thanks Spike - I think a trip to the dealer is required whilst still in warranty! I have my doubts they will diagnose the flywheel as it seems very technical and not something I've ever heard of

That is how mine started

... see the thread referenced below.

The above comment is correct, regarding the dealer diagnosing it! Mine said it needed a new gearbox.

Started by being noisy on letting clutch out ...
Clunking when changing from drive to ovverun
Then wouldn't disengage drive (so wouldn't go into gear) ...
When in gear, couldn't disengage drive - inching forwards

final diags - after I parked it on the forecourt and wouldn't drive it home ...

Dual mass flywheel and clutch basically fallen to pieces.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3760

Hi Alan
It was the conversation with you at Castle Combe that sparked the idea about the potential problems with Foghorn's car.
I did enjoy the chat - and still can't get over the fact that you own both my favourite cars - the A2 and a 928

Cheers Spike

Back