body kit fitting

04speed

hi i have just bought a body kit , but it did not come with fitting instructions
can anyone email them to me at [email protected] or reply with a brief outline of what to to so i can tell my body shop guy

and another question will a audi tt 3 spoke steering wheel and airbag fit an a2 tdi se

thanks ash

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't help you with the bodykit fitting - I've only ever seen the instructions for the spoiler cover, but it shouldn't be too different from any other bodykit.

As for the TT airbag and wheel, I presume you mean the old type TT as opposed to the new TT?

If so, then the answer is yes, although on certain TTs, you may need to modify the airbag wiring loom.

If the answer is no, then the wheel will fit, but you will definitely need to modify the wiring harness.

This is what I am in the process of doing, but also, I've gone for the multi-function wheel - why do things by half!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Ash
If you'r not up to Skipton's level of modding and just want to fit the 'old' TT wheel then it is quite straight forward.
I fitted a 2001 TT airbag to my A2 3 spoke wheel - see picture attached.
Note the earlier (pre 2001 I think) TT airbag and wheel centre is a subtly different shape so double check the wheel and airbag go together if buying from different sources. You need to do more checks on compatibility if fitting the pre 2001 TT wheel.
I guess you know the basic airbag safety rules - disconnect the battery before working in the airbag and when refitting, make sure no one is in the car when re-connecting the battery.

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Ash, note that you will need a 12mm 12-point star bit to remove the bolt securing the wheel to the steering column.

Apart from this and a T30 torx driver, you don't need much else out of the ordinary, apart from a bit of common sense wneh dealing with airbags (keep earthing yourself to both the car and the ground for instance).

Cheers,

Mike

Back