Insuring your A2

SpeedEight

Hi Guys,

I'm Ian, just signed up to the forum. I'm looking at an A2 TDi (75) SE (51 Plate) with a view to buying it.

I just had a plainly rediculous insurance quote of over £600 from my current insurer. I wondered where you guys go for insurance on these cars?

I'm 30, car will be on driveway, 2 years NCD, 3 points.

Thanks for any input!
Ian.

Wow! we used swiftcover.com this year. full NCDs and we're getting in abit (nearly 40!) but it was only £150!

Try confused.com or moneysupermarket.com if you can stand all the follow up spam.

Cheers

Jonathan

The Wife has just insured our A2, 1.4TDi, Garaged, with myself and eldest daughter (27) on the policy. She used Confused dot com, and got a policy via the Postoffice (Underwritten by Norwich Union). Cost £266 less a £50 Postal order given by the PO.... Total £216 Fully Comp.

insurance

Hi I am with Sainsburys car insurance 40 years old 4 ncd no points £245.00 fully comp with green flag breakdown cover thrown in

HUWS66 said:
Hi I am with Sainsburys car insurance 40 years old 4 ncd no points £245.00 fully comp with green flag breakdown cover thrown in
Almost the same as I pay, except I'm 25, live in Norway, and I (obviously) use another company. I don't know much about English companies, but 600 sounds awfully high.

I'm 24, also called Ian, have an A2 TDI 75 Sport and the car's on the driveway.. 0 NCB and pay way less than £600. I'm with Elephant insurance.

I'd take a fast walk away from your current insurer!

I'm 33, (as of wednesday - groan;) ), and my wife is 30. We both have years of full no claims discount, the car is stored on the driveway and I have just renewed with Admiral, (yesterday), for £306.60 for the pair of us. This is fully comp with 'protected' NCD and only £160 compulsory and voluntary excess.

The car is a 1.4 TDI (75), 05 plate with declared after market alloys.

I would definately take up the advice of others and shop around - online.

I am sure you will get a much better deal so don't defer buying this 'ace' little car on the basis of one insurance quote.:)

Regards,

Darren

Likewise I have a 1.4tdi 52 SE with business use and 50000 miles a year, me at 33 and wife at 27 is £390 a year. Have got full no claims though.

Cheeky Chris...

I assume that you mean am I a Sexy And Gorgeous A2OC'er - Well you know the answer to that one....;)

He who laughs last... I do believe one will not be in their twenties this time next year either!!:D

Cheers mate,

Darren (33 looking more like 23 - well one can always dream!!:( )

ULP said:
Darren, are you with SAGA? :)

Thanks!

Thanks guys, some of those premiums sound a lot more like it. I'll give confused.com a go.

Ian.

ps: Convert, nice Wedge! :)

insurance

Hi

I have just got a quote for me, 24, 1 years NCB, car garaged, no mods, 25000 miles and business use.... £800 was the cheapest on confused.com...

Still half what the BMW was costing though!! :p

Adam

I saw your quote and was almost gonna say good deal, consider you have 3pts too. Until I read the other A2OCers.. I think it is also largely depending on your post code as well. I've had my A2 insured at two different London zone 1 addresses (park on street, obviously!), my current address costs higher. I'm 28, 1yr NCD, 5k milage, clean license, 1 claim 2yrs ago, 550 for a 10 months NCD accelerator with Admiral.

insurance

Hi Hugh in Fife Scotland wife and myself car garaged full ncb protected both will be 40 next year £148 fully comp with brake down cover .the car is a 1.4 petrol se and is used as a every day car .We also have a range rover sport 54 plate (only untill Dec its got to go ) and paying £1200 a year fully comp but the new beast will be here in Dec the insurance is to be £2,232 fully comp but dont mind paying that for a weekend car

Just to add to the figures, Tank costs £247.80 with Direct Line. That's for a 35 year old with maximum NCB in Oldham postal code area fully comp.

Cheers,

Mike

maddys premium is £256 fully comp with me on as well
8 years NCB with budget i am 46 and maddy is 43 not a good post code as they aske where the car is parked at night which is at work as we work nights all the time

cheers
robin

What ever you do dont go with Norwich Union there an absolute rip i changed from a focus 1.6 zetec to my a2 and there was a fifty odd quidd increase.They said on there books the audi is group 8 very convenient.Also it was listed as no recomended alarm i phoned up to change this to the thatchman cat 1 alarm and immobiliser defaintly git to be a discount here still no change they said WxxxxxS total rip off merchants.

insurance

My insurance is due in a few weeks gota quote off swift.com £172.00 fully comp garaged 40 years old 5 years no claims well pleased:D :D

Back