replaced drop links

Hi Adrenaline
Your replacement roll bar drop links should last a lot longer than 2 months.
Possible reasons for the knocking noise are.. faulty replacement links... fixings were not fully tightened on assembly and have worked loose.... worn anti-rollbar bushes (another common problem on early cars)

Cheers Spike

We had our drop links replaced soon after we bought the car 2 years ago. The anti-roll bar and bushes followed last year. We now have another intermittant knock from the front - so it's either the drop links again or something else! About 15-20k miles done since we bought the car.

actually its just over 3 months and probably 5000 miles but its a similar noise.
the car is a late 2001 model.
annoying though never had such problems with my honda accord and in the end that had 150k miles

I have replaced my drop links recently too, and still have a small knock, the roll bar bushes were replaced a year ago but with all the ****ty potholes and speed bumped roads round our way I'm not surprised they need changing after 12k miles! bloody council

Adrenaline said:
actually its just over 3 months and probably 5000 miles but its a similar noise.
the car is a late 2001 model.
annoying though never had such problems with my honda accord and in the end that had 150k miles
I know what you mean. Our A2 replaced a Mazda 626, that left us with 104K on the clock. It had nothing more than servicing, brakes and tyres in it's whole life upto that point. Still, the A2 does more than twice the mpg and is a lot nicer looking!

Back