new to this audi a2

knocker

hi all ...i have just bought i audi a2 1.4 tdi se 53 plate traded in my nissan almera tino ..now heres the question have i done the right thing i wanted better econormy . its a lovely car 14000 miles from new great condition
please tell me i was right to change
thanks simon

Hi knocker,

Welcome to the A2OC and A2 ownership.

The fuel economy figures specified by Audi are rarely achieved in real terms, though many owners do see a remarkable mpg. (Check out the various threads on this subject - just type in something like 'mpg' in the search engine).

As for the car itself, I bought mine in October of last year, having been a Vauxhall man all of my life. My previous car was an Astra 2.2 16v petrol - gas guzzler, and despite the obvious performance, I don't miss it one bit.

The A2 is exceptionally well built, innovative in design, fun and responsive to drive, cheap to run and tax - apart from the Audi service charges, delivers good fuel economy and entitles you to be a member of this great forum - what more do you need from a car? (And 'no' I don't have any affiliation with Mr Audi).

Hope you enjoy your car and wish you many years of trouble free and happy motoring.:D

Cheers,

Darren

I've had mine 9 months 25'000 miles and love it, I see between 58-62 mpg on most tanks, it's chipped. local independant servicing is good value and I've had very few problems that I have been unable to rectify with a bit of commom sense. Now Ken L has announced that it'll be free in the congestion zone I cannot see me ever buying anything else until it gives up the ghost.

Hi Knocker, only time will tell you whether you have made the right choice. I had a few problems with my A2 all seem to follow what everyone else on here has had. It never let me down all the time I had the car but due to problems I was having with the car towards the end I decided to let it go and traded it in for another car.
Good luck with your new A2 hope all goes well.

Hi, knocker. I am new too had mine since 1st Nov (from VW Sharran) I am enjoying the car. Seem to get 55mpg per tank which I am pleased with as includes lots of city work.

cheers all.. my tino was the 1.8 petrol getting 30 mpg around town and just over 40 mpg on a run..£150 road tax a year
thats why i have changed to the a2 for better mpg plus £50 a year tax
pick it up in about 10 days due to having a private plate that father in law brought us for christmas about 10 years ago pain in the arse to change .
my wife wont let me get rid of the thing
cheers knocker

Ours was 4 years old last month, bought from new and as already mentioned can't think what we would change it for, so we're also going to keep it for the long run. Also can't help thinking that it was 5-10 years ahead of its time and that they might sell a few more if it returned to production given the way that motoring, at least in this country, is going.

Regards

Jonathan

Back