over revving!!

shah23

hi,

i have owned my audi a2 tdi for 6 months now, and have recently noticed that at times when i turn on the ignition to start the car, the glow plug light stays on longer than usual and when the key is turned to start the car it starts to over rev, and does so for a around 10 minutes of driving, idling over 1000rpm, but returns to normal after a short time of driving. Now i dont know what is causing this, and would like to know if any one else has experianced this and what is the likely cause.

Please get back, if you know.

Thanks

Shah23

Hi Shah23
I have not come across this problem before but the fact that it goes away when the engine gets warm indicates it could be a faulty temperature sensor.
Do you know anyone with VagCom who could do a diagnostic check

Cheers Spike

over rev

hi,

thanks for getting back to me. i think i need to get it a diagnostic done. When the car has been driven and warmed up, thats when it does it the most. Glow plug light stays on longer and then starts to over rev when it is started.

shah23 said:
hi,

i have owned my audi a2 tdi for 6 months now, and have recently noticed that at times when i turn on the ignition to start the car, the glow plug light stays on longer than usual and when the key is turned to start the car it starts to over rev, and does so for a around 10 minutes of driving, idling over 1000rpm, but returns to normal after a short time of driving. Now i dont know what is causing this, and would like to know if any one else has experianced this and what is the likely cause.

Please get back, if you know.

Thanks

Shah23

Hi Shah

My car has this EXACT same problem.
The glow plugs can sometimes stay on for up to 20 seconds. If I then start, the rev counter jumps up to about 2000 revs momentarily before settling back to just under 1000.
I find that the glow plugs tend to stay on if I drive the car somewhere, let it cool down than start it again.

I've never got this sorted even though I've had the acr for about a year now. If you do find out the cause of this problem, would you mind letting me know?

Thanks!

hi,

well im going to have my brakes done some time this week, i'll also have a diagnostic check done to see if it brings any thing up on the computer. If i manage to find what the cause is i will let you know.

had the car checked on VAG computer but didnt show anything. So the problem is still there, anyone else out there experienced this??? And do you know the cause, please get back to us.

Back