Accident!

thefin

:( Hi everyone.

Had a bit off an accident on the 30th November. Managed to fall 11 foot through my garage roof! (No spiderman jokes please!) Had to get back on my feet which hurt and break the garage doors in to get out. Thankfully I was rescued by a passing neighbour and rushed to Hospital.

I've broke my lover L1 vertabrae and had surgery on the 6th December at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. They have screwed me back together with about £2000 worth of Titanium! Best news is that I am home and walking!!!!!!!!!! Call me metal Mickey! (And very lucky)

So I have missed my good mates on this site and my little A2.

Interesting to thing what would have happend if the A2 had been in the garage when I feel in. A man shaped inprint on the roof would have been something to show off at the next meet.....

Steve

thefin said:
:(

Interesting to thing what would have happend if the A2 had been in the garage when I feel in. A man shaped inprint on the roof would have been something to show off at the next meet.....

Steve
HI Steve
glad your ok thats the main thing
You probably would have been first in the Que for Dentmaster
just imagine trying to explain that one to them LOL !!!!:)

Now I understand your PM!

Sounds like you've had quite a lucky escape, but the main thing is you're bolted back together again ;)

Carl: - 'Oh dear!'

Steve, it begs the question, "What on earth were you doing up there in the first place?"

If you were trying to get ahead and string up some Xmas lights, in the style of the Griswold family, then it's perfectly acceptable, otherwise, you're a mad, impetuous fool!

Glad you're in one piece and that all your bits are working - it could have been so much worse, but I'm sure you know that.

Take it easy and have a good Xmas,

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Steve ,
Good to hear that you are progressing from your accident, I know I'm a few years older than you but I have been banned from putting up the christmas lights any higher than the garage roof this year,
regards Malcolm.

Hi Steve,

I am really sorry to hear of your news, it sounds like you have had a very lucky escape mate.

You have been missed from the forum and now I know why.

On a positive note, you are now on a par with the A2 in terms of uniqueness with your own innovative titanium re-build.;)

Seriously though mate, really pleased to hear that you are okay and looking forward to catching up with you again soon.:)

Best wishes for a speedy full recovery and have a good Christmas with your good lady wife!!

Darren

Heights can be dangerous things. Only last Saturday I was standing on the top section of a 5ft platform ladder holding a fully extended 15ft pole chainsaw at arms length, chopping some overhanging branches from the neighbour's tree. I had visions of what would happen had I lost my balance.

Glad you are on the mend though. Take it easy.

Ben

accident

Ben, you should know better! My neighbour, a BT engineer fully experienced with ladders and heights did a very similar thing some years ago. He fell, and hasn't walked since. Pay a professional, or some mug to do it. You know it makes sense.

hollyrescue said:
Ben, you should know better! Pay a professional, or some mug to do it. You know it makes sense.
The company that i work for has recently started fitting Fascia boards
on houses and we have an easydec ladder system ,which is basically
2 ladders with a 5m youngman board going from one ladder to the next
which you walk along and i can tell you that when your up on there on a
gable end at 10m of the ground in the wind ,
im thinking im definatly "The Mug" for doing it, LOL !!!!! :(

Back