Please help! Want to buy A2..

deardai

Hi guys! This is my first post here. I'm a new driver and I'm just about to buy a car. I really fancy the A2, but as my budget is just over 3k I couldn't find any, than one with 100k miles on it. So my question is: How reliable the A2's are? Is it worth to have a look at the car or is the mileage to high? Or maybe I should look for a different make/model with the less mileage?:confused: The last thing I want, is to take it to the garage every month.
Any help appreciated! Please excuse my grammar as English is not my first language.:eek:

If that is the maximum budget you can afford, then I think a high mileage car is going to be your only option. If the car you're looking at has been regularly serviced, and been generally looked after, then if it were me I'd go for it.

There have been previous postings on high mileage A2's - so they are certainly good for starship mileages.

Hope that helps. Good luck in your search - it'll be worth it.:)

Thanks for reply Squadron Leader. I've found some previous postings also, guys seemed to be happy with their cars. I'm going to view it tomorrow, so fingers crossed..

Hi Dai,

As Squadron Leader has said, on your budget I would think that a high mileage vehicle is going to be your only option, if you really want an A2.

There are many regulars on the forum who own high mileage cars, which all baring the usual faults and failures associated with galactic mileage, are all still running smoothly. If the car you are considering has a full service history and looks to be well cared for, then I would recommend you purchase it above a low mileage Corsa or Fiesta any day. You are getting a piece of automotive history, aluminium space frame technology, German technology and a future classic for your money. This well put together little car is likely to outlive many of its younger steel counterparts. Good fuel economy and low tax is also another incentive.

Good luck with your viewing today, hope the car proves to be a pristine example.

Regards,

Darren

Hi there!
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately car turned to be in a not very good condition:( It looked like the previous owner didn't pay a lot of attention to the developing faults. So I decided not to take a risk. Going to save a little bit more money and then start hunting and hopefully join you in the forums soon:)

Sounds like you made the right decision today letting your 'head' rule and not your 'heart'.;)

Best of luck in your continued search!!

Darren

deardai said:
Hi there!
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately car turned to be in a not very good condition:( It looked like the previous owner didn't pay a lot of attention to the developing faults. So I decided not to take a risk. Going to save a little bit more money and then start hunting and hopefully join you in the forums soon:)

Was this car found on the internet?

I came across a very nice denim blue 2002 tdi se with under 50k mileage for £4800 with 1 year guarantee from the garage not long ago unfortunately I didn't have the cash at the time but it looked a good deal.

richard- said:
Was this car found on the internet?

I came across a very nice denim blue 2002 tdi se with under 50k mileage for £4800 with 1 year guarantee from the garage not long ago unfortunately I didn't have the cash at the time but it looked a good deal.

Yes the car was in the Autotrader advert, but it 's not there anymore, they probably have sold it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the car quotes ULP!
I saw them too, but they are out of my budget:( , so I'm just going to save a liitle bit more and then search again. Fell in love with the A2, can't imagine any other car I want right now, (unless it's another Audi):)

Back