electric rear break

A2hundred

Have you notice any time that the prototype of A2, include the electric rear brake as the A6, or similar?
a2cambivt7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's interesting, A2hundred. What a shame it wasn't implemented, it would have really suited the A2's innovative concept. Handbrakes are such dinosaurs! Maybe a button is not the best replacement but it would be nice to see some development of the traditional lever over the years. It is especially unsatisfying when operating on rear discs - the only downside of moving 75 to 90bhp models!

Groot

Having driven the A6 with the electric parking brake, I'm in two minds - on the one hand, it is supremely easy and convenient to use, but on the other, it did take about half a foot of forward travel before the calipers released completely and the noise was 'orrible!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, do you know how the electric brake works? I'd imagine it would have to default to "on" with the power/engine off to avoid unexpected excursions from parked!
Groot

I am looking for the Passat system, because it is more easy and simple than the A6 option ( I think to understand that Passat have two version of electric break).

Back