covered on warranty getting sorted thursday
just interested in what you lot have to say
many thanks simon

Hi

knocker said:
now my question is they must be audi discs on the front
they should last longer than that. or was the previous
owner heavy on the brakes

When I was researching to buy my A2 I recall reading (sorry can't recall where) that after heavy breaking (e.g. coming up to traffic lights or a roundabout) it's not wise to keep the foot on the brake pedal as the heat in the pads cannot disapate and the result is warped disks.

See the Warping section in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake#Warping

sounds like a heavy braker to me.my first set of pads were changed at 64k and discs and pads were done at 139k. hope this helps

My Audi discs de-laminated on the inner surface around 32,000 miles plus the original brakes were not very good from higher speeds (even a cold emergency stop). I didnt bother with warranty as VW discs in general are low quality and went for EBC. Car stopped much better / shorter distance and they havn't de-laminated, although at 75,000 miles I am now looking to replace the front discs again (normal wear for me). I do "use" my brakes, but the braking distances using standard pads/discs isn't very good at all in my opinion.

knocker said:
has anyone had problems with there brakes
my a2 has done 14600 miles 53 plate 1.4 tdi 75 se
seems to me the front dics are warped
when braking at about 50 mph steering wheel
vibration and pedel vibration...

I changed the discs at 45K and I went through them in 7000 miles; complained to audi but they refused to replace them as I had gone over the 6000 mile period.

So another set was bought and these are bigger; the centre mounting face is bidder than the wheel mounting face; this was not the case on the warped set.

I brought this to the attention of the dealership and has neither of us could prove that the original set where big or small so we/I agreed to pay for parts only.

I did ask the question if TDI 90 rear discs had been fitted to the front - never recieved an answer..

i just chaged mine at 30000 miles as they were warped when i got it, seems like a crap amount of time realy. chaged for brembo standard replacments

rhyd4 said:
i just chaged mine at 30000 miles as they were warped when i got it, seems like a crap amount of time realy. chaged for brembo standard replacments
thanks everyone
just had new discs and pads fitted
a lot better
cheers simon

Shezlee - I doubt 90PS rear discs were fitted as they are solid and completely different to the normal fronts.

Ricardo, I agree entirely - I too have fitted EBC discs and Greenstuff pads to the front of Tank and the results are amazing. When you consider that the A2 is lighter than a lot of cars anyway, there is very little that can out brake me now and the confidence they give over the standard fitment stuff is very welcome.

Cheers,

Mike

Back