Cruise Control Fitted - An Excellent Job!!

SnubNose

Dear All

Gareth (“Hazzydayz101” on e-bay) has just fitted Genuine Cruise Control to my A2 and has done an excellent job. He came to my office and fitted it while I was at work and did a professional and thorough job at a very good price. He has all the correct tools and the VAG-COM software and knows how to use them!!

He is South London based (but prepared to travel) and used to work for VW as a technician but left to pursue his own private work. I saw his ad on e-bay, he has got very good feedback from selling various parts and fitting cruise control to Audi’s and VW’s.

If you consider that this was a £300 extra when your A2 was new, having the same thing fitted for about half that price is a bargain. Here is a link if anyone else round the London area is interested in his cruise fitting skills:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=280066727332&rd=1&rd=1

If you are not an E-bayer then PM me for his Mobile Number to make contact.
As a bonus for me, Gareth enabled the “Selective Unlocking” function (1 press of the fob to unlock the Drivers Door, 2 presses to unlock all) while he had his laptop attached to my car – what a good bloke!!

I am Very, Very pleased with his splendid work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He's doing mine tomorrow. I'm fortunately working in Wandsworth so will be fairly local to him.

All fitted and working, Gareth is a top bloke and very accomodating, did a fault code scan and offered other work as well ( I already had auto-locking activated) I highly reccomend him.

Hazzydayz101

PS the M1 SPECS 40mph section was lovely with cruise control, no more looking down and realising how fast I shouldn't be going!!

Just had Gareth fit cruise to our car today and can confirm he does a superb job and is a nice bloke as well. We'll get him to fit it to our A4 as well in a few months' time. He also guarantees his work for two years. He also encoded the selective unlocking function for me.

Well recommended if you live in the south of the country.

i've been meaning to do this for a while myself :rolleyes: Do you know if he had to make a loom from the stalk to the ECU? Or did he just fit the stalk and recode the control module?

Back