Audi dealers

manhattan$

Past Member
Hi guys,
I have seen an A2 that i like the look of, but it is not located at my local dealer.

What is the best option? Do i call the dealer who has the A2 and try and deal with them? or should i contact my local dealer?
I want to try and haggle the price down a little, as it is slightly over my allowed budget. Any advice or tips, on how to hustle dealers would be great as i would like to call them tomorrow.

If it's not too far away - deal with them direct.

Phone first to check that it's deffo in stock and on the forecourt (you'd be surprised at the number that disappear in the meantime!!).

Take a sheaf of print-outs of other A2s with you, as suggested elsewhere, as a bargaining tool and then get the price down as much as you can. January isn't the best month for sales for main dealers, so they'll be willing to cut a deal.

10% is an aiming point and will be within their margin - point out the fact that you've come out of your way blah, blah. Take their finance if necessary (you can always get an immediate loan to settle in the first month - I did when I bought Tank!) - it often gets the price down a bit.

If you can't get the price you want, then walk away - you may think this is easy to do, but if you want the car, then it's incredibly difficult. Oh and by the way, don't show them that you want the car too much.

Cheers and best of luck,

Mike

thanks mike.
i will give them a call in the morning.
While your here, how easy is it to fit an aftermarket single din cd player in an A2 that has the double din cd/tape system?

To do a neat job, it's pretty difficult - you need to either make or find a blanking plate to take up the extra space - not just at the bottom, but at each side of the new headunit, as Audi origionals are wider than standard DIN sizes.

Alternatively, you could change the dash (I just happen to have a single DIN one here you could have for a reasonable price!!), and I'm sure that you'd make a profit from the double-DIN one as they're nearly £600 at a dealers and they are needed if you want to install RNS-E.

Cheers,

Mike

That's the problem with the A2 - unlike any other Audi, the whole dash needs replacing - on all others, the central section is separate and can be changed quite cheaply and easily.

It's not a job to be tackled lightly, but it's fairly straightforward, with help from the workshop manual and of course I'd help out where possible too.

Cheers,

Mike

hi manhattan

Alternatively you could do a swap for a single din dash with me and i would change your dash for you with mine as i am after double-din dash if you want let me know

cheers

robin

the dash would need to be black guys :eek:

i really like this A2 at the dealers, but the hastle with the double din dash is really putting me off buying it.
i have a small SQ audio system waiting to be fitted, so cant keep the standard double din headunit.

Both mine and Robins dash panels are black and both are in excellent nick (mine's actually in the factory box).

If you're not too handy with a spanner, take up Robins offer of swapping over otherwise, you could take my dash and do the work yourself, then do a deal with Robin for your old dash.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers,
i am going to call the dealers today.
the car is perfect spec wise to what i am looking for, except for that damn double din :(

as mike says i am open for both if you want it up to you

mike how long for a dash swap you think!!!

cheers

robin

it looks like members mlarner and gexx are located in reading on the forums google map!

if you happen to read this thread, i need a favour :D please! lol

They both will work, but you'll need to cut the sides down to fit - the A4 and A6 are both wider than the A2 and they flare out as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Would be more than happy to take a look at the car Reading Audi is 5 mins from my house.

I have pm'd you with my mobile number please give me a call today

Just had a look at the A2 on the audi car locator - I take the reg is RK55 WLE?

If so I have actually driven it :) It's one of the courtesy cars. (You can see the plate behind the passenger grab handle and the no smoking sticker on the ashtray)

I drove it about 6 months ago - but from memory it was very solid.

I would just like to say this is such a great forum, and would like to thank skipton01 aka (mike) for all the info.
Also special thanks goes out to Gexx aka (chris) who took the time out of his busy schedule to visit audi reading and have a good look around the A2 for me as i am 90 miles away, i cant thank you enough! cheers :D

So the deposits paid, and it Looks like ive got myself a new A2 then!

Back