90 or 75 tdi,

rrdoctor

i am looking to buy an audi a2,but cannot decide which to go for is there really that much difference between a 75 hp or a 90 hp tdi

Well, 15 hp ;-), and 35 Nm of torque (230 i.o. 195)
Also, the spread of the gears is slightly different (meaning you'll run lower revs in 5th), and it's got disc brakes all around. Since it's only been introduced in 2004, it has the 42-litre tank standard. (early 75ers will have the 34-litre tank)
I'm happy with my 75, it's more than fast enough for me.
BTW, the 90 hp version of the 1.4 TDI is used only in the A2, not in any other VAG car as far as I know. There won't be many of them around.

There are more 90s coming on the market but, obviously, you'll pay a premium for them.

I have a 75 and I think you'll be surprised how aggressive they are through 20-60mph.

HI rrdoctor

I've got & had a 75hp A2 since 2002, it's great, I did get a 90hp a couple of times as a courtesy car, I'd go 90hp if I could I can't believe the difference 15hp makes, the ones I drove went like stink!

As for fuel tank, mine takes around 32 litres full, which for me could be a bit bigger, but I get around 350-375miles before the "bong" then I can do another 40-50 miles before I breakdown, (I've cahnced it to 48 miles once!)

bba

Last edited:
Back