Interior light LED

I guess I would be the prime candidate for fitting this, but as the A2 interior light differs from the A3/A4 and there are no connectors there, it's not something I have tried yet. Also, there are no pre-marked holes for them either.

Cheers,

Mike

I guess, the existing wiring can be cut and joined together along with carefull marking and drilling for the lights.

If you do go ahead with mod, can you post some pics?

Thanks

Vinesh

Yes, will do - tempted actually as the red glow will make the inside of Tank look like a submarine at action stations!

Cheers,

Mike

Excellent!!

What i find at the moment the drink holder area seems a bit dark. Hopefully the new lights will light things up!! :D

Skipton01 said:
Yes, will do - tempted actually as the red glow will make the inside of Tank look like a submarine at action stations!

Cheers,

Mike

so mike what is it a tank or a submarine are you a army boy or a navy lad or put wings on it and join the air force ha ha

cheers robin

Just mentioned these to Spike the other day....great minds think alike. C'mon then Skipton......be the first to sort it :D Info needed :confused:

SantfeKuss was looking to find a way to provide subtle illumination for his ipod. As you know, the screen is lit up but the controls aren't which makes it a bit tricky to operate at night. This roof mounted light may do the job but could be a touch distracting if left permanently on. Don't know if its possible but I was thinking more of a led mounted directly onto the Denison cradle.

Cheers Spike

lyndonbuck said:
Or maybe a brothel.....
Hah!

Friend of mine got a '98 A6, and it has the "light package" or whatever it's called.
Red lights in the ashtrays rear/front, cd-changer, door handles, from the roof etc, it's wicked!

Had an A3 whilst A2 was being fixed with these lights! They are really good, they light up around the radio dash area and are really helpful to find controls. Don't remember them being visible from outside, but once my car comes out of warranty Its on my "to do" list.
Excellent fitting instructions Jorgen;)

doctor

spike said:
SantfeKuss was looking to find a way to provide subtle illumination for his ipod. As you know, the screen is lit up but the controls aren't which makes it a bit tricky to operate at night. This roof mounted light may do the job but could be a touch distracting if left permanently on. Don't know if its possible but I was thinking more of a led mounted directly onto the Denison cradle.

Cheers Spike
Hey Spike, there are couple of places I can think of. Mount some LEDs, like these with bezels, http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx...PANEL+MOUNT+LEDS&worldid=3&FromMenu=y&doy=4m2 at the cup holder, so when you pull out the cup holder, there is a small red 'spotlight' to light up where the iPod is mounted and it is not a permanent light.

I discovered these over the weekend on the A3 that I've been given as a courtesy car.
They light up the centre console and looks fantastic with aluminium trim.
Took me a little while to figure out where the red glow was coming from!

I've got a couple of the interior light LED sets plus the door pull LEDs coming.

As I have OpenSky, there won't be enough room to fit the LED bar in the normal place, so I've got two so that I can run them either side of the OpenSky button.

Cheers,

Mike

Back