Electrics under the seats, what are they for?

Whilst giving the new car a clean within an inch of its life, I was vacuming under the seats and noticed a cable from the floor that goes into some electrical connections under the seat. I know the car dosen't have heated seats as i've got the orginal bill of sale, so what are they?
Must say im very impressed with the build quality, paintwork and finish on the car. Had fun getting the bonnet open though... even with the instruction manual, still took me 10 mins to find that "small" lever! Interesting that the whole bonnet comes off too, gives great room to get at the engine.

Hi markb
The cables will be for the side airbags which are built into the seats

Cheers Spike

Mine has sport seats but what controls operate the lumbar support? I can't find any mention in the owner's manual.

Thanks

Richard

There is a dimpled rocker switch on the hard plastic trim on the seat base, about 1/3 back from the front. To be honest, it's a light squeeze to get you hand in there when the door is closed.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately there is no switch.

I've come to the conclusion that the lumbar support was added for later models since the 2003 price list in the brochures section lists:

"Front sports seats upholstered in Jaquard Satin
includes electric lumbar support"

whereas the 2001 price list doesn't have the "includes electric lumbar support" part.

To be honest I've found the seats to be fine, I just thought that if there was a lumbar support I might as well use it.

Richard

Back