Correct "keytag" for A2?

S

Sire

Hi.

After I bought my A2 and reading the manual I noticed something called "Emergancy key" (a black all plastic key) if you should lose the real keys,

and a key tag. Some sort of plastic tag (don't know the correct english word for it) with a serial number for the keys to the car.

Now, I didn't get those when I bought the car, but efter e-mailing the previous owner I recieved them both today. The problem is that the previous owner had two tags. One for their current car and one for the A2 and they have no idea witch tag is for the A2 so they sent me both. I will return the incorrect one, but can you tell me wich belongs to an A2? (and saving me a trip to the dealer)

Is it the black or the white one??
keytag.jpg

Hi Sire
My 2001 car came with a white (translucent) tag and a black plastic key. I don't know if it is unique to the A2 but the code number inside the tag begins with NO

Cheers Spike

The white one is the one that matches up with the black plastic emergency key.

I had both these items for my 2001 A2, but only 2 metal keys and the black plastic tag with my 2004 A2.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
The white one is the one that matches up with the black plastic emergency key.
I had both these items for my 2001 A2, but only 2 metal keys and the black plastic tag with my 2004 A2.

I had neither when I bought my 2004 A2 from a dealer (it was a staff car). Do I need these, and exactly how does it work?

Cheers

Don't worry yourself over them Alan - they just have codes on them, which the dealers hold on file anyway.

They are meaningless to us mortals (and to any dealer too, unless he's hooked up to the German mainframe!).

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

Skipton01 said:
Don't worry yourself over them Alan - they just have codes on them, which the dealers hold on file anyway.

OK, I shalln't worry about the codes, just the dealer going bust <g>

Sorry for the tardy reply but occassionally my browser (or the system) seems to loose track of when I last visited so it can't display the recent and unviewed emails.

Back