2 weeks and 2000 miles

glock17

Well I've done 2000 miles in 2 weeks over all types of road in all conditions and thought I would post a likes/niggles list.

I have to say I like it as a whole. It has the grin factor. The shape makes me grin when I go back to it the car park, when you put your foot down and it just wants to go, and it does, it makes me grin.
The split level boot, great for all the work stuff in the 'mid-section', and the roller parcel shelf is easy and great to use.
Boot is an excellent size, had all four tyres replaced today (Pirellis, no Contis available for at least 6 weeks locally) and asked them to put the two with the most tread in the boot. They said they wouldn't fit, but they did, easily, even with the mid section full.
The seat and the driving position, I stretch when I get out after a long journey, not from stiffness, more like the getting up from your favourite easy chair.
Coating on door sills which means the metal doesn't get scratched as folk get in and out.
Easy screen wash fill, which is 2/3 times per week lately.
Little sun blind above the rear view, brilliant at the minute with all the low horizons.
The whole fit/finish and build quality.
How the elctronic climate control doesn't kick in until the engine has warmed up, damn good.
Returning a standard 58mpg overall, and I don't have the lightest of right feet.

I could go on and on, but I won't, it would be a long list. It's the best car I've had in ages (recently it's been a 1.5dci Clio, 1.5dci new shape Megane, 1.6 Focus Ghia and a 1.4 tdci Fiesta).

There's not much I don't like. Not really dislike, just niggles.

The wide(ish) A Pillar, haven't got a problem on roundabouts, just on severe right hand bends where you can't really see what's coming the other way. I find myself peeking out the side window and I usually bang my head on the grab handle. Thinking of replacing it with a sunglasses holder.
Instrument brightness/headlamp angle adjustment are placed in an awkward position.
Small glove box. Not a lot of internal storage at all (the Megane was brilliant, including footwells). Perhaps they could have made the driver's footwell more accessible/user friendly for storage.
Thought I'd solved the storage around the handbrake by buying the one from Vagparts but I forgot to select a colour and got the grey one. Not great in a black interior!
Lack of a spare wheel. Haven't had a puncture in ages, but it's comforting to know it's there.
Odd size of tyres - popped into two Costco's on my way back from buying the car and neither branch kept stock of the Primacy, it's a special order. What's worse is they had 20% off as well!
Silly dash slot under the climate contol, nothing stays in there without a sticky mat, little push hinged flap would've been great.
The plastic bootliner/load liner is pants, but the rubber mats are great, go figure. May do what someone else did and chop a Fiat one to size.
Having a sore face. It does have the grin factor and it makes my face ache!

Cheers

glock17

Back