What is this???

S

Sire

This thing is located at the center of the dashboard.
I would say it's a reciever, but my car (I live in Sweden) doesn't have a remote lock/unlock, (and neighter can I buy one from the dealer), then I don't know what it is... Anyone???

Viewed from outside the car through the windscreen
knob1.jpg

Viewed from inside the car
knob2.jpg

To monitor outside temp (Sun shine during the day), this is linked with the climate control.

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

vinesh said:
To monitor outside temp (Sun shine during the day), this is linked with the climate control.

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

stand corrected the outside temp is in the front bumper
like outsied the car

cheers
robin

robin said:
stand corrected the outside temp is in the front bumper
like outsied the car

cheers
robin

You're right same as the golf.

I thought this dash sensor monitors the sunshine, ie interior temp?

Yes, it is a temperature gauge, and Audi make some reference to it being able to tell the suns positions too, but having had it apart, I can't see how it manages this.

It is a temp gauge though.

Cheers,

Mike

Damn :(

How can I tell if the car has an alarm fitted?
I have a red LED above the left doorhandle (left hand steering) that blinks when I lock the car with the key.

I found a post where everyone agreed that this indicates an alarm is fitted. Except one guy from the Nederlands? who claimed the LED is just a fake, to fool burglars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sire said:
Damn :(

How can I tell if the car has an alarm fitted?
I have a red LED above the left doorhandle (left hand steering) that blinks when I lock the car with the key.

I found a post where everyone agreed that this indicates an alarm is fitted. Except one guy from the Nederlands? who claimed the LED is just a fake, to fool burglars.

alarm the car with you in side it then the alarm will go off when you move

cheers
robin

robin:

How do I alarm the car with me inside it? Having someone standing outside and lock the door? (never felt so stupid asking a question I think)

How do I stop it? By starting the engine?

I hate the fact that the owners manual includes ALL configurations of A2-s instead of just MY model... It would make things SOOO much easier!

With your particular car, you'll have to roll down the window, get in, lock it with the key and then wait for the interior sensor to trigger the alarm.

To stop it, open the door with the key.

Cheers,

Mike

Thank you for your patience ;)

I will try this tomorrow (too late now)

Thank you for your answers!

Cheers:)

its not very loud you will not wake up anyone and it is dark so they wont see you eigther ha ha
cheers
robin

Yes, really.

The alarm is extremely quiet - due to EU noise regulations. It's actually louder inside the car than it is outside.

Don't want a car thief sueing you for loss of hearing do we!!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Yes, it is a temperature gauge, and Audi make some reference to it being able to tell the suns positions too, but having had it apart, I can't see how it manages this.

It is a temp gauge though.

Cheers,

Mike

I always thought this was the sensor for the remote.
It strikes me as a strange place to place a temp sensor for the car interior. It's always going to be colder out there near the windscreen than in the main interior of the car isn't it?

Audi call it a 'sunlight penetration photosensor - G107' which I guess gauges the solar gain or greenhouse effect which makes the interior feel hotter than the temp sensors indicate.

Cheers Spike

Can anybody confirm my suspicion that my car doesn't have Immobilizer or what's it called?
Shouldn't there be some kind of transmitter in the key? I recall seeing a picture of a key with a black square thingy inside a key that my key seems to be missing.

This is my key. The other key doesn't even open.
And yes, i'm somewhat paranoid ;)

key.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear not - your car has an immobiliser.

It is built into the base of the keyblade and is practically invisible.

Cheers,

Mike

Where does it got it's power from? Or does it not need any power?
I'm thinking of my other key that doesn't open.

It doesn't need power - think of the security keys that work by pressing them onto a round pad - they look like a small metal disc.

They work by induction, as does your key, although there's a bit more to them than that, which is why they're not that cheap from the dealers.

Cheers,

Mike

Back