iPod with CD Changer

Sarge

A2OC Donor
Anybody have recommendations to fit an iPod in conjunction with a factory fitted CD changer - I see the denison device does not work with an external CD changer - are there other options?

Cheers

You could go for the Dension iPod adaptor that connects to the headunit via the aerial, then listen to the iPod via FM reception.
Halfords supply cradle etc fitted for £99 , or maybe slightly cheaper now.

What's the quality like for the FM transmitter type units? I would go the Denison unit but also have a 6CD that I don't really want to loose - one reason being its factory fit and hence has the special boot wall!

Never heard it thro FM as mine is into the cd changer connction. The young lad who fitted mine said it sounds fine tho. I've used one of the iTrips, and for the price of them, it was'nt too bad.

driveforward said:
What's the quality like for the FM transmitter type units? I would go the Denison unit but also have a 6CD that I don't really want to loose - one reason being its factory fit and hence has the special boot wall!

It sounds good with a fm transmitter but it depends on which one you have
i have got a fm transmitter for my tv that i wach in my car at night and thats got a lot of hiss but the one for ipod on hiss and clear sound

cheers
Robin

agentmoulder said:
Sarge - the Dension ice>Link Gateway 400 should allow you to integrate an iPod and retain the use of the CD changer:

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway400.php

...hope that this is of some help to you.
Looks like just the job, but given the only place I could find selling it had it listed at £179.99 inc VAT I think it may be one that has to wait a while! (especially given my new iPod and case cost less than that!)

Chris, what make is yours? There's obviously the Griffin iTrip and several Belkin options too. How near 'CD quality' would you say these devices are?

driveforward said:
Chris, what make is yours? There's obviously the Griffin iTrip and several Belkin options too. How near 'CD quality' would you say these devices are?
I've just got the Griffin iTrip, sounds pretty good.
Not as good as CD, but better than radio.

cahl said:
I've just got the Griffin iTrip, sounds pretty good.
Not as good as CD, but better than radio.

The quality is fine when it is working. However, you can forget it when coming to London. There are millions of pirate stations and it was simply not practical as I had to change frequency every 5 minutes. No fault of the product itself tho.

My question, those hard-wired FM transmitter thingy, would you still get interference?

Back