Electric Window Problem

Hi

I've been reading in the threads how A2 front electric windows tend to be problematic. and i was thinking how lucky i have been.

Well this morning the drivers side window was working fine. Took it out at lunch time and the driver side window is not working at all..i passenger window is fine can and works from drivers side too.

any ideas what it could be? i went up a very cobbley road which literrally rattles the whole car

Hi Adrenaline

I don't know what the fault could be but a bit more background info may help with a diagnosis.
Was the window fully closed then just would not open again or were you trying to close it and it juddered to a stop.
The windows are protected by circuit breakers which trip out when the electric motor is overloaded - trying ot open a frozen shut window for example. These breakers should reset automatically after a short time so if your is jammed, maybe the breaker keeps tripping
Hopefully other club members may have more knowledge of this problem

Cheers Spike

Hi

at the time when i tried to open the window it was actually closed.
nothing happened no juddering no movement at all. but from the drivers control the passenger side is working

Back