Driver info System problems!! HELP!!

bass.six

Too anyone who can help!

Went to fill my A2 up with juice this morning, and as I usually do I reset the counters for mileage, average miles etc. I pressed the reset button on the stalk and hey presto, the display disappeared.

The 'OK' symbol shows when I turn the ignition, and also the 'door open' graphics shows so I don't think the actual display works, I think it is more a 'Brain' issue.

So to sum up: I can't see the mileage, petrol left in tank, external temperature, radio station selected, current cd track.

Can anyonepoint me in the right direction as to what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Neil (Hope I don't pull my hair out in the process) Aaargh!

Embarrassed

How silly do I feel. One quick look in the handbook and there would be no need to stress and post a thread on this forum.

Thanks to those who answered anyway, I will look in the manual from now on.

Neil

Neil, don't be embarrassed - we've all done stuff like this before, but that's what this forum is all about, the mutual support for A2 owners. This will become more and more important as dealers wash their hands of us!

Cheers,

Mike

Reminds me of a stupid problem I had

All of a sudden my indicators and Blip when locking the car disappeared. The little light on the door still flashed and the car was locked. It still flashed the indicators when unlocking. I tore my hair out. fiddled for a good half an hour, read the manual. I convinced myself it probably meant the convenience controller was on the way out.

What had actually happened was the service flap had been opened to refill the washer bottle and check the oil. I hadn't closed it properly. as soon as I did there was the blip and flash of the indicators. Confused me though :)

Back