Tinted window owners

Which tints should i go for?

• (front-light smoke) (rear-light smoke) (back-smoke)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (front-smoke) (rear-midnight) (back-midnight)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manhattan$

Past Member
I am considering having my windows tinted next week and just have a few questions for our fellow forum members who have had their A2 windows tinted.

What tints did you go for on the front sides,rear sides and rear screen?

Do you wish that you went for a diferent shade of tint on certain windows?

Do you wish you never had them tinted?

Would i get away with a smoke tint on the front side windows? (light smoke is legal) please note that midnight tint, is not as dark as limo tint.
I have added a poll to this thread, with various tinting options i am considering so everyone is welcome to vote!

Last edited:
As per the link that Spike added, I'm very pleased with my tint. Not too dark/light.

I will be having it done on the next car I buy too.

I just had all the side windows done, all the same shade. Personally I don't like different shades but that's just me.

If you go too dark it can make night-time driving tricky on occasion as a friend of mine will testify when he nearly collected a cyclist. In his defence the cyclist did not have any lights (surprise!) and no collision occured but I thought it worth mentioning.

so you must have had a smoke tint fitted?

i also prefer the tint to be the same on the sides but the smoke tint is not legal on the fronts. have you had any problems with the police?

i quite fancy going for smoke all sides, and midnight back.

I had my 4X4 tinted limo on back then geting lighter towards the front
the fronts where very light on the drivers window but then came pc plod with his light meter and hay presto get them off

on most cars the windows are already tinted to the max permitted by law

but i would go for smoke all sides and limo on the back

Robin

manhattan$ said:
have you had any problems with the police?

No problems for me. In normal daylight I'm still visible inside the car but I still have reduced glare.

driveforward said:
What's the standard %age tint on the rear screen?
35%, as is the roof on OpenSky models.

Cheers,

Mike

(2 years of tints without any interest from Mr Plod!)

Skipton01 said:

Cheers,

Mike

hi mike i had 5 years without intrest plod on a bike on sunday with nothing better to do with his time

cheers

Robin

Skipton01 said:

Cheers,

Mike

Haha.. thanks Mike :)

Did you add any additional tint to the rear screen or just match the rear sides at 35% then have a lighter tint (say 50%) on the front?

manhattan$ said:
so, the back screen is tinted more than the side windows from standard?
Absolutely - have you never driven behind another A2 and thought how dark it was?

The only difference is that the tint is part of the glass, not a separate film, which is why it shatters really well!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Absolutely - have you never driven behind another A2 and thought how dark it was?
yes, i have but i thought it was the curve of the rear screen that made it darker by reflecting light somehow.

No, it's just a 35% tint applied during manufacture of the glass, same as the roof panels.

On a separate note, the fact that I have OpenSky probably helps in being seen from outside, as it significantly brightens the inside of the car. This probably makes my 50% fronts appear more like 60-70% and so has helped to keep me on the right side of Mr Plod.

Cheers,

Mike

thanks mike.

i think i will go for front-light smoke, rear-smoke, back-smoke.
i am not sure it would be worth the risk going for a smoke front as i do not have open sky, and after paying around £250 for the tints i would be rather annoyed having to rip the front tints off on order from mr plod.

Back