Sorry bulbs again! Need to clarify.

Having a bulb go last night, I thought I'd take a look at the previous posts. It seems there is no 2 posts the same on this and I need someone who has replaced the "mainbeam" bulb to let me know what one it is. Is it a H4 or H7?
H4 being the bigger of the 2. Had a look at the Halfords brilliant bulbs today (2 for one offer at £20) and the book there says H7 but then when have we taken any advice from Halfords. Thanks guys and girls. Mark

I've posted this a few times but there is a yellow sticker on the headlamp shell which lists the bulbs used. You need the bonnet off to see it.
They are normally H7

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
A2 types of bulbs.

Hi, my A2 (2001) 1.4 Petrol has the following bulbs:Dipped h7 (2 connector terminals on bulb) main beam can be either h3 or h1 these are(single terminal connector) ie: one wire to bulb,you can also aquire off ebay low heat sidelight bulbs (4leds) these should not melt the plastic concertina, as the normal 5 watt bulbs blue will melt them, Cheers Alan.

???

H3 and H1 are NOT the same!

check out www.workshoponline.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=134.
My wife's 307 uses H1s for main beam (and they're ****), the A2's main beam has always been H3. I've got three pairs of A2 headlamps here from 2000, 2001 and 2002 and they're all identical in terms of the bulbs they use.
If you look at the attached graphics, you'll notice that the filaments are in a different place which means if you fit the wrong bulb, your beam will not be where it's supposed to be.

Bret

Last edited:
Back