One touch electric window problems

shollis

We have a 2002 A2 1.4 TDi SE and the one touch operation of the drivers side window goes down with one touch but doesnt go up. The passenger window goes up and down using the one touch facility.

Any ideas why it works going down but not up?

Many thanks in advance

Stephen

Possibly a dicky switch, dirty contacts etc or a dicky central convenience ECU, but I doubt this.

Try re-syncing the switch - lower the window a little, using the switch in question, then pull the switch fully up so that the window closes, then, release the switch and immediately hold it up again, constantly for 5 seconds.

This sometimes does the trick.

Cheers,

Mike

First allways do this: push the button (manual mode) so the window goes down to the max. Than close it completely. Than down again and then try the one touch.
The system (control box) can "learn" to know the end positions new.
If this does not help, you have a problem. (bad contact or controllbox )

Right, I have tried all of the suggestions above and many more and its still not working! Im guessing a control box is knackered then. Does anyone know the part number of the one I require?

Cheers

while not quite the same issue my passenger window started having a problem one touch closing. this was a year ago and a simple squirt of lube has seen the problem disappear (touch wood)
I used silicone spray on mine but I'm not sure silicon is recommended (guys?)

Back