Retrofitted remote locking and on-board computer

ReliKa

I finally got my Audi A2 (1.4 Petrol) - the car is so much better than I expected, I love just about everything about it!!!

The 2 problems I have:

1. I don't have a remote for the central locking. I found some remotes on e-Bay (without the key, just the remote) and I was wondering - can I use it on my car (program it myself) or is it useless?

View attachment 649

2. Don't have a board computer (I would like to see the fuel consumption) - can I have one installed?

Last edited:
Hi. I think you will find that the cost to retro-fit a computer display (DIS) would be astronomic , and I'm not sure about the programming of remotes ,I think you may find previous threads on that subject.

As Malcolm says, the cost of retro-fitting DIS will be in excess of £1000 and simply not worth it.

As for remote central locking, the chances are that you don't have the central locking motors in the doors, and along with the aerial and receiver system, again, this will be an expensive job.

Put the two together and it'd be cheaper to get another A2 with the options already fitted, especially as I suspect you don't have CAN bus fitted to your car.

Sorry for the lack of encouraging news,

Cheers,

Mike

Back