i Robot

HUWS66

WAS WATCHING THE i ROBOT FILM TONIGHT AND OF COURSE THERE ARE PLENTY OF A2 TO SEE BUT NONE THAT DISPLAY THE AUDI LOGO WHERE THEY ASHAMED OF THERE CAR HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS :rolleyes:

I spotted one in a crowd screen (maroon colour), it seemed to have just a blank black cover to the front. I noticed the main audi car wow!

Doctor

I noticed the A2s for the first time as well last night -

most likely explanation for lack of I.Ds is the desire to save the product placement 'hits' for the main scenes, but yet still maintain a recognisable background presence.

Got followed by a new black '07 TT today - stunning - really reminiscent of the film's look.

Maybe i'm not so much on the ball today, but I was lead to believe that the main car in the film was based on Audi's soon to come R8? Obviously the R8 won't fly, well not in that respect..... ;)

Mike

That was the main car Mike, but they sneaked in the A2 occasionally. I guess owning one makes you more receptive to spotting them on TV

Doctor

ecoangel said:
Looked like a new TT with no wheels!
Yes doctor I agree, guess I meant my post in context to this, should have really quoted ecoangel in my last post but i did see the maroon A2 with no badge on the maintenance plate :)

Mike

I also spotted A2's in iRobot for the first time. Huge product placement in that film. I wonder how much Converse paid for their All Stars trainer to feature so prominently. Anyway, I also noticed a half shot of an Azure blue A2 in the film with ludricous sticking-out wheel arches, intended to represent the ball drive system they had in the future.

P.S. A heads-up to HUWS66 - using capital letters in your posts is bad 'netiquette' as it is the equivalent of shouting...

Back