Xenon Blue Bulbs

R4VSE

Hi there

Is it possible to change my standard headlight bulbs to Xenon blue effect style ones on my A2 02 plate? As i have seen them advertised on ebay which are the xenon blue effect ones..but i am unsure if they are any good and if they will fit correctly.

Has anyone changed there bulbs to Xenon style ones?

Don't do it!

Any bulb that is painted or tinted blue will actually reduce your light output and make for worse night-time driving.

It would be far better to install an HID kit, specifically for reflector headlamps, as many other members have done. These are true xenon tubes and will give you about 300% better light and whiter light too.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your advise

Do you know how much that kit would cost? and how easy it is to fit?

My current favourite kit is about £70 and fitting is fairly straightforward, as long as you have the right tools for headlamp removal and are comfortable in cutting a large hole in the back of the lamp.

If, as others have done, you wanted it fitting, that would be £40.

The kit carries a 2 year warranty by the way.

PM me for more info.

Cheers,

Mike

My current favourite kit is about £70 and fitting is fairly straightforward, as long as you have the right tools for headlamp removal and are comfortable in cutting a large hole in the back of the lamp.
If, as others have done, you wanted it fitting, that would be £40.
The kit carries a 2 year warranty by the way.

Murdi's half penny worth! This HID kit as recommended by Skip is brilliant. Get the kit bought! Do it.... do it...... do it!!!! :D :)

No link to the seller - as in I am not connected to them at all!

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/h7r-hid-conversion-kits-new-for-reflector-headlamps-p-990.html

Fitted to quite a few members cars now and nothing but praise from them. I know of a single ballast failure, but even that has been replaced without question within a week.

Do not get anything more than 6000K bulbs, or you will attract the attention of the boys in blue and besides, the further from 4300K you go, the dimmer the light, although it does go blue-er.

Cheers,

Mike

What do you suggest for the main beam Mike?

oh I take it theres nae hassle with not requireing canbus kit?

As always thanks Mike

If I got one of these kits for my A2, would I need the standard kit or the canbus kit? What is the difference? I am thinking of doing a good reflector based HID replacement job and would deffo buy this kit on Mike's (and others) recommendations, but which kit would I need? The canbus kit table says Audi 2002 - 2009 which covers my car. TIA.

Cheers,

If I got one of these kits for my A2, would I need the standard kit or the canbus kit? What is the difference? I am thinking of doing a good reflector based HID replacement job and would deffo buy this kit on Mike's (and others) recommendations, but which kit would I need? The canbus kit table says Audi 2002 - 2009 which covers my car. TIA.

Cheers,

Hi Lee
You don't need a canbus kit for the A2

Cheers Spike

As I mentioned on another thread, I can't go HID but I'm still putting some new lamps on the car before the winter - I'm fed up about having to peek to the outside of the car, especially in the rain. Any recommendations? Are the tri-temperature Philips (NightGuide) useful or just a gimmick? (seems only non-UK members can answer that because they're not sold in the UK) There's a new version called DoubleLife that even comes in an H7R lamp, but it seems it's still Halogen.

Or should I maximize throw instead (ExtremePower)?

Well, there's the low beam sorted out (it's by far the worst right now), unless these "plus" lights also make the lens cover become crackly like Skipton mentioned some time ago.

Back