• Ignition Coil(s) faulty
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open
  • Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Misfire Recognition
  • Check Air Intake System
  • Check Fuel Supply
  • Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing
  • Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s)
  • Check Ignition Coil(s)
  • Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18)
  • Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16686/P0302/000770 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

Possible Causes

• Ignition system
  • Fuel injectors
  • Fuel pressure
  • Running out of fuel
  • EVAP canister purge valve
  • Evaporative emission system
  • Low compression
  • Base engine problems
  • Controle Module damaged
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16687/P0303/000771 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

Possible Causes

• Ignition system
  • Fuel injectors
  • Fuel pressure
  • Running out of fuel
  • Low compression
  • Base engine problems

16688/P0304/000772 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

Possible Causes

• Ignition system
  • Fuel injectors
  • Fuel pressure
  • Running out of fuel
  • Low compression
  • Base engine problems
Special Notes

• This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression

Hope it Helps

SARGE

Well the last three codes show same possibilites, just different cylinders numbers that's all.

Thought I read an article in Audi Driver by Ben Williamson which said a faulty knock sensor (which detects engine vibrarions) can activate multiple cylinder fault codes. ~~If I find it I'll report back

Cheers Spike

Hi, saw this thread and thought I'd add an input.
The fault with the knock sensors can give sporadic faults for missfires but usally in only longtitudinal engines where the connection to the exhaust is more rigid and direct. It's unlikely in the A2.
I would suggest that the fault with your car is either coil(s) - rememebr, one failed coil can cause missfires on more than one cylinder as the others over work to compensate - could be plugs (when were they last changed? Failing that, only leaves an air leak or poor fuel (FSi NEEDS GOOD 98ron to operate in stratified mode). Air leaks are common, is it a 1.4 or 1.6FSi?
The FSi's suffer with breather system breakages and the oil filler cap can leak too! All give silly faults.
If checking these gives no answer I can happily run through test plans for you for compression/head gaskets (1.4mainly affected) etc. But I reckon unlikely to be anything major!
Hope I can help!

Hi John,
Have you had any symtoms to help diagnose what could be throwing up these fault codes.
I have heard within this forum of the 1.6fsi having problems with coil packs.

Malcolm

If you have a 1,6fsi coil packs, earlier versions anyway, gave considerable problems as they failed regularly and not always one at a time. Worth getting them checked. If your A2 is under 5 years old and it proves to be one or more coil pack Audi have extended the warranty to cover these parts. If the dealer is not aware get them to call Audi customer service, they'll put them right.

Back