Central convenience unit playing up.

new2A2

hi everyone,

does anyone know why all the doors will unlock with the fob or key but the drivers door will only lock with a manual turn of the key in its lock? the drivers electric window is also out of action if they're linked. is it a faulty wire in the door or the central convenience unit?

pleeeeeeeeaaaassssssse help. its nearly summertime and i need to open the frikkin window.

more details....

come to think of it, the guy i bought it off said that he had had a new door before selling; which is a bit dubious, but i guess i'm stuck with it.

however, if he's fitted a new door and not reprogrammed the central convenience unit, could this be the problem of why things wont work properly?

how would i go about fixing this?

Ahh we both posted same time. Did you check the previous owner actually connected the door to the electrical connector in the pillar?
I don't think there is anything to program in the comfort unit especially if it's operating the rest of the doors etc.
The clue is in the replacement of the door, and I suspect your fix will be around that area.

SARGE

nice one

thanks Sarge.

i called the local audi service dept. and their very helpful man said the same thing. so hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

you certainly know your onions.

its booked in with my brother in laws garage so i'll give him the info and hopefully he'll have it sorted asap. my limit is fixing the cupholders unfortunately. i'm too scared of breaking things...

is there a trick to removing the interior panel without breaking it?

BEFORE you remove the trim and make work for yourself, squeeze the little 'boot' on the pillar where the wires connect too from the door, and pull it away and check connections are actually connected.
To remove door trim:
Remove 2 screws under door handle, gently prize open the tweeter speaker grill and remove 1 screw from in there, under bottom of trim run your finger along and you will notice a small gap in trim, best to start to gently pull door trim away from there.

I will upload pictures to the 'how to' section for you in a few mins ;)

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back