Cold Start

Iqbal

Well it's been 2 days being an A2 owner and...

1. When I start her up from cold she sounds like a deisel for a few seconds then all of a sudden silences to a purrr. Is this normal or do I need some tappets replacing?

2. Once it reaches normal operating temperature and in neutral with my foot resting on the clutch pedal I can feel clicking, or I think it's the clutch pressure plate bearing, is this normal or do I sense the need to replace the clutch kit soon?

Kind Regards
Iqbal

Iqbal,

in both cases, mine is exactly the same. I know the first point has been covered before, so a search may ease your mind. As to the 2nd point you raised, mine does the same...

Thanks deseli, I'll do the searches, but glad to know I'm not alone! :)

Hey there Iqbal

Looks like your not alone in this matter I have the same symptoms, from a cold start but I think it's normal A2 behavior, I've had mine for almost three years now and no problems:D
Cheers,

A2sport

mines the same on both counts. Has been since I bought it 3 years ago!

Sounds like your totally fine Ibqal. Dealers call these 'characteristics', to me they're just endearing features that make up a great wee car's personality! Enjoy :D

Just wait until you start the engine in the winter. The little 3 pot is not called "das traktor" for nothing.:D

The FSi still sounds like a tractor in the cold - a right bucket of nuts and bolts sound for a 4 cylinder petrol engine.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey don't call our beloved 1.6's a right bucket of nuts and bolts :eek: :p

...you're just more than a tad biased towards diesels, besides didn't someone say the fsi engines were somewhat an amalgamation of a diesel engine design????? :rolleyes: ;)

Back