Brake pressure sender?

garnish

Hello All

On my way to a wedding in Devon last week the car beeped a few times from the dash and the ABS light came on with a main exclamation mark on the dash on solid. I pulled into a garage to check it out 'cos I was worried about it as it was to do with brakes. In a nut shell they ran a test and the test threw up the following results:

Total codes: 002
CODE 001:
01314 Engine control unit
sporadic: Interroga te fault memory

CODE 002:

00813 Brake pressure sender -2-G214

Sporadic: electr. fault in current circ unit

Does this make sense to anyone? could I buy a brake pressure sender and get the local garage to install it?

Now this fault comes on intermittently. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Garnish

Hi Garnish
The 01314 fault code is covered here - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01314
but they don't list anything for code 00813.
The brake pressure senders (there are 2 - G201 and G214 (or G204 - there is conflicting info on some Audi data I have) are on the underside of the brake master cylinder.

Cheers Spike

Checked some parts info and found the sensors located under the master cylinder are called Thrust Sensors and both have the same part number........all rather confusing.
If the wiring allows I'd be tempted to swap over the connectors, run a diagnostic scan and see if the fault code changes. This would show if its the wiring or the G214 sensor at fault.

Last edited:
Hi Spike

Thank you so much for your reply. Would you know which brake pressure sender I should buy by supplying you with this info?:

Chassis: WAUZZZ8ZZIN034006

Audi A2 SE Petrol Silver reg: X995LLX

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave
I just added some comments to my original post which may help the troubleshooting. If I have got the right sensors, they are around £60 each which for me is far too expensive to buy on the off chance it will be correct and solve the problem.
It would help if you have access to Vag Com

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike

Thanks again for your wise words. On top of having the most unreliable car I have ever owned all this code confusion is farcical. It's outrageous how rubbish this is especially for Germans. Wouldn't you agree? I've had so many problems aready with comfort units, key fobs etc.

Luckily I have a mate some test gear so I'll ask him nicely if he'd mind checking.

Thanks again

Dave

Common Problem ABS Light and (i) on dash.

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me. I am also having the ABS Warning light problem that you was having. I have an Audi A2 1.6fsi on an 03 plate. I have recently had the car at audi bexley and had a new cam belt fitted (£900.00). They had a look at the car and said that it was a wiring issue and that the engine was misfiring. They charged me £600 to fix the problem. I had the car back and after 3 days realised that the car is actually no better than when i left it with them. I have since gone to a local mechanic and have told him of the problem he said that the engine misfiring was due to the engine running on 2 cylinders and not 4. Which he fixed for me at a cost of £150.0 including the parts. I took the car back to bexley audi who told me i should just sell it to them for £4000.00. They were no help at all even after i had paid them £600 to fix a problem which they clearly had not.

The car has just been one long problem, however i really like driving it and would like it to be fixed once and for all. So please can you help me.

I am having the same problem as you. Randomly the (i) comes on the computer along with the abs light. If I stop and turn off the car and re start the problem goes away. Ideally I would like to go be able to go to my local mechanic who i actually trust is not lying to me and tell him of the problems other people are having with the A2 and this will make it easier for him to look at and fix. Am a bit worried about it Abs thing because I often have my god daughters in the car with me, I dont want to drive the car if the breaks are not going to work.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Kerry

bobcart Audi A2

I think some of the Audi franchise holders should be investigated. My daughter had a load of trouble with Cardiff Audi. They tried to charge her £700 for a job which a small local guy fixed for £15 (Faulty Hazard light flasher unit).
Basingstoke Audi did my Cambelt for £400. Nice people.
I am just, as we speak ,trying to sort out a misfire problem with my A2.
Progressive misfire when engine warms up,gets worse, then the ESP and ABS lights come on and finally the Red brake warning light, no loss of brake fluid. Engine running on 2 cyl's.
Leave it overnight...starts up good as gold no lights no problems....until it warms through.
Will atempt to keep you posted on developements.

Audi A2 misfire.

Thanks Spike,
With all the snow and damp weather you may be on to something there.
Engine warms up, dampness condensates, problem starts. the A.A guy wiggled the electrical connection on the right hand end of the engine,
unfortunately to no avail. I wonder if a good squirt round the electrics
with W.D 40 might help things along? Will keep you posted on developments.
Regards
Bob.

Audi A2 misfire

Hiya Spike,
My A2 is back on the road, touch wood and whistle. What fool designs an engine with a wiring loom in such a hostile environment? I now await the bill...............

Back