How to remove window winding handle

To remove the rear manual window winding handles, insert flat bladed screwdriver vertically as in picture, and lightly pull down, this will release the cover of the handle exposing a screw, which also needs to be removed in order for the handle to come away ;)

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that sarge i take it you went out and had a go lol, i've got to do my rear micro switch this has come in hand other wise i would have been searching on here for a how to

Cheers Phil

Your welcome Pal, the thing is, I got all four electrics on mine :p

But I acquired a handle during the parts collection for the rebuild of my Shoby Car.

Just thought it might help someone to remove it without causing damage to theirs if they are aware how to do it correctly in the first instance.
Soft Plastics like these always tend to leave some sort of mark during an 'uninformed attempt' of removal.

Cheers

SARGE

Extra homework ...trying to remove the actual handle which is grey and replace with a black one.

The grey one is on the earlier chrome winder arm, where as the black one is a later plastic arm.

I can see the chrome one seems to be secured with a chrome rivet into a plastic housing in the arm. The newer style is completely different and seems to be just a plastic tab.

Extra homework ...trying to remove the actual handle which is grey and replace with a black one.

The grey one is on the earlier chrome winder arm, where as the black one is a later plastic arm.

I can see the chrome one seems to be secured with a chrome rivet into a plastic housing in the arm. The newer style is completely different and seems to be just a plastic tab.

Just to illustrate using enclosed pic...so trying to move just the black plastic round handle from right winder to left winder. Anyone ever attempted this or am I a world first?

Worst case I guess I could paint them but it does feel a bit extreme :)

Attachments

• 20200419_192637_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20200419_192637_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 317
I'm guessing no one has ever attempted this one! I cant see a way of getting the handles off without making a mess so I'll need to spray the grey to make them appear soul black

Was always a tall ask tbh - usually no one attempts to remove the actual plastic handle part of the winder its the whole winder that is removed and added.

Looking at the design it does appear to be riveted in.

Back